主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-2-17 19:04:54 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Hoyer spent three seasons sitting behind Brady, and Mallett held the No. 2 job for two years. Hoyer and Mallet spent one season together, soaking in all they could from Brady, who is looking forward to seeing his two understudies face off.
Now that's like Brady.
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — There won't be a parade and there's not a sponsor lined up, but Sunday's Browns-Texans matchup will be a pseudo bowl game — the Tom Brady Backup Bowl.
O'Brien was an assistant with New England from 2007-2011, coaching the quarterback for three seasons. O'Brien always felt Hoyer had the makeup to be an NFL starter,Wholesale NFL Jerseys China, he just needed someone to give him a chance. Same for Mallett,Wholesale Adidas Hockey Jerseys, whom Hoyer said "has the strongest arm I've ever seen."
"That was a great (quarterback) room — smart, talented guys," O'Brien said. "Obviously, Brady being in there, those guys took a lot from watching him prepare and hopefully took some things from my coaching. Brian deserves everything that he's getting right now. He's just a guy that I'm very proud of."
"He's like Tom's little brother that will do anything,Cheap Jerseys USA," Pro Bowl tackle Joe Thomas said. "He tries imitate him, so we tease him about that he kind of idolizes Tom."
In Hoyer's third season, the Patriots drafted Mallett in the third round with an eye at him possibly replacing Brady one day.
"It speaks to their work ethic and what they've been able to accomplish," Brady said. "They've both overcome quite a bit in their careers. It'll be fun to see."
For Hoyer and Mallett, the opportunity to learn from Brady was priceless. Whether on the practice field, in the meeting room or at the podium,Wholesale Baseball Jerseys 2018, there was no one better for the two young quarterbacks to perfect their crafts. Once Hoyer and Mallett accepted their roles, there was really only one thing to do — be like Brady.
NOTES: Browns S Tashaun Gipson and TE Jordan Cameron both remain sidelined with concussions. Coach Mike Pettine has not ruled them out for Sunday, but it doesn't look promising.  ...  DE Phil Taylor (knee) also missed practice. ... Browns coach Mike Pettine is "under the assumption" suspended WR Josh Gordon will practice on Monday.
"He's the guy I look up to," Hoyer said. "He's the guy I always strive to get to his level and it will always be that way."
Hoyer may not have Mallett's arm, but he's got his own strengths. One of them is a knack for winning. In 12 starts for the Browns,Wholesale China Jerseys, he's 9-3.
There was some awkwardness back in New England between the QBs.
Cleveland quarterback Brian Hoyer and Houston's Ryan Mallett,Boston Celtics Jerseys, who will be making his first NFL start this week, both began their careers as backups with the New England Patriots under Brady, the star QB with the GQ good looks, supermodel wife and three Super Bowl titles.
Hoyer could have been threatened by the newcomer, but instead of rejecting Mallett, he took him under his wing.
Texans coach Bill O'Brien saw it firsthand.
Hoyer's his own man, but he does have some Brady-esque qualities and his teammates don't miss a chance to kid him about it.
Things changed in 2012, when the Patriots cut Hoyer. The move shocked Hoyer, who would be waived by Pittsburgh and Arizona before signing as a free agent with Cleveland, his hometown team, in 2013.
"At the quarterback position, a lot gets made of stats, yardage and touchdowns and things like that, but when it comes down to it, it's all about winning," he said. "That was the one thing I learned from Tom Brady the most is, yeah, he had great stats but there were games where we ran the ball 40 times and we won and he didn't complain. He didn't care. He cared about the team and putting the team first and winning."
"We both knew at some point that it probably wasn't going to be in New England because Tom is going to play until he wants to stop," Hoyer said. "But at some point you just gotta take the knowledge you learned there and put it to use somewhere else. You learn the right way. You learn from a great player. As long as you're not dumb and you don't just sit there and not pay attention to anything, you should soak up something."
"He helped me when I asked questions and he was very welcoming," Mallett said. "He wasn't trying to hide anything. He was a good teammate. He's a good football player, a great guy, a great person on and off the field."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 23:27 , Processed in 0.082322 second(s), 25 queries .