9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2016-12-29 18:07:42 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Renowned guitarists Alex Skolnick of TESTAMENT and Chris Broderick of MEGADETH joined forces to create the first annual Skolnick & Broderick's Winter Guitar Retreat. This unique experience offered a select group of guitarists of all talent levels the opportunity to expand their horizons while spending four days and five nights studying and jamming with Broderick and Skolnick in a relaxed setting at Full Moon Resort in New York's Catskill Mountains from December 26 to December 30, 2011. While best known for their work with TESTAMENT and MEGADETH, Skolnick and Broderick are diverse,Roger Clemens Blue Jays Jersey, well-rounded musicians with backgrounds and training in rock, jazz, classical and blues. Skolnick & Broderick's Winter Guitar Retreat included master classes with Skolnick and Broderick, jam sessions, open-mic nights and optional private lessons. Attendees were invited to expand their knowledge of lead guitar, rhythm guitar, music history, jazz theory, chord theory, harmony, improvisation, counterpoint, composition,Matt Duffy Giants Jersey, chord voicings,Andre Dawson Cubs Jersey, improv (taught by Skolnick), classical fingerstyle technique (taught by Broderick),Darwin Barney Blue Jays Jersey, and, of course, heavy metal guitar. Guitarists learned techniques to increase speed and improve tone, while hearing stories about life on the road, getting gear tips and much more. Nathan Peck (bass) and Matt "Zebar" Zebroski (drums, percussion) of the ALEX SKOLNICK TRIO provided rhythm accompaniment for jam sessions throughout the week.Commented Broderick: "I just wanted to give a quick shout-out to all my fellow musicians that attended the Guitar Retreat this last week. The jam sessions were over the top just the way rock and thrash should be. "It was great to be able to jam with Alex and each of you to see how you approach your instruments. I also liked how we added a second repeat of the solos (more solos, more solos) so that everyone could get their chance to shred! You made it so easy for me to teach and play,Russell Martin Blue Jays Jersey, as well as taught me a lot about what music really is!!! Expression, pure and simple,Sandy Koufax Dodgers Jersey, something that can not be judged, or scrutinized, just appreciated. Another thing I really came to appreciate was the diversity of individuals and personalities which reflects in the music we all make, yet at the same time we were able to come together and add that personality to a common style of music. "A big thanks goes out to Jackson, Fender, DiMarzio, Ernie Ball, Planet Waves, and Fractal for supplying us with all the cool prizes and swag,Ryne Sandberg Cubs Jersey, as well as Amy at Full Moon resort for facilitating everything and the chef for creating the great food."Video footage of Skolnick & Broderick's Winter Guitar Retreat can be seen below.The Skolnick & Broderick's Winter Guitar Retreat was the first winter installment of the successful Music Masters Camp Series held at Full Moon Resort, which has been hosted by musicians including Dweezil Zappa, Todd Rundgren,Dylan Bundy Orioles Jersey, Adrian Belew, Tony Levin and Pat Mastelotto.For more information, go to this location.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 19:49 , Processed in 0.077330 second(s), 26 queries .