主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-2-18 18:35:10 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The Eagles took Kansas cornerback JaCorey Shepherd with the 191st overall pick and selected Kansas State defensive back Randall Evans at No,Wholesale Jerseys China. 196. They finished the day by choosing Boston College defensive end Brian Mihalik in the seventh round.
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — It's all about defense for the Philadelphia Eagles.
The Eagles let starting cornerbacks Cary Williams and Bradley Fletcher go after last season,Wholesale NFL Jerseys Authentic. They signed former Seattle standout Byron Maxwell to a $63 million deal in free agency and also signed Walter Thurmond.

The 6-foot, 190-pound Evans was a three-year starter and can also play safety. He finished his career with seven interceptions, including four last season.
The 5-foot-11, 199-pound Shepherd began his college career as a wide receiver before switching to the secondary his sophomore year. He was projected by several scouts to go earlier in the draft. Shepherd had two interceptions as a junior and three last season. He also averaged 21.4 yards on 63 kick returns.
Five of Philadelphia's six picks play defense, including three secondary players. The Eagles moved up to draft Utah cornerback Eric Rowe in the second round on Friday night.
Philadelphia has four starters returning on the offensive line after releasing veteran guard Todd Herremans. Two-time Pro Bowl left guard Evan Mathis has been on the trading block, but it's unlikely he goes anywhere now.
Improving the defense has been a priority. While Kelly's up-temp offense puts up plenty of points and racks up lots of yards, the defense has struggled in his two seasons. The Eagles ranked fourth-worst in yards allowed in 2013 and fifth-worst in 2014.
"Evan has been available to trade for two years now,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, and we've never had an offer for him," Kelly said.
The 6-foot-9, 295-pound Mihalik had 8 ½ career sacks in four seasons at Boston College.
The Eagles entered the final day hoping to add an offensive lineman, but they traded their fourth-round pick to Detroit for a third-rounder in 2016 after three straight linemen went before they were supposed to pick at No. 113. They didn't have any fifth-round picks after trading two to Miami to move up five spots to get Rowe.
The Eagles selected USC wide receiver Nelson Agholor in the first round at No,Authentic MLB Jerseys Online. 20 after failing to move up to No. 2 to get Heisman Trophy winner Marcus Mariota. They picked Texas linebacker Jordan Hicks in the third round,Wholesale NFL Jerseys China.
"I knew that they liked me a lot and I knew it was a possibility that I could end up landing there," Shepherd said. "I liked the people there when I met with them during my visit. I was hoping (the Eagles) would actually be one of the teams that had a chance to get me."
"They haven't drafted a lot of DBs in the last 10 years," coach Chip Kelly said. "We need to develop those guys and try not to rely on free agency to go out and get those guys.  We had to because of the situation we were in,Cheap Football Jerseys, but we hope to continue to get defensive backs through the draft and develop them."
"He's a physical player.  He's an outstanding special-teams player," Kelly said. "You're getting a Bill Snyder coached football player.  They love him in Manhattan in terms of what they say about him. He's a guy that we've had our eye on for a while."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 12:47 , Processed in 0.075655 second(s), 25 queries .