2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-18 20:23:06 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Then, all of Mack's Cleveland teammates came onto the field to wish him well, knowing they might be playing without him the rest of the year. He put on a brave front, giving the fans a thumbs-up as he was driven off.
CLEVELAND (AP) — Brian Hoyer slapped every hand he could, making contact with all those wanting to touch one of their own — the guy becoming a bigger hero by the day.
The win further legitimized the Browns' season and Hoyer's standing with his teammates and the Cleveland fans who were skeptical when he was named the starter over rookie Johnny Manziel.
EASY SCHEDULE: Cleveland's next three opponents — Jacksonville, Oakland and Tampa Bay — are a combined 1-16.
"He's going to be cheering us on," said John Greco,Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic, who slid over from right guard to take Mack's spot. "He's going to come back faster than anyone expects him to, and he'll be back stronger than ever."
Like almost every kid in Northeast Ohio,Cheap NFL Jerseys, Hoyer was raised to despise the Steelers (3-3) so he understands the importance of what a win over Pittsburgh means to Cleveland.
Hoyer finished 8 of 17 and still has just one interception in 149 attempts.
TURNING POINT: Leading 3-0, the Steelers were about to go up by 6 when holder Brad Wing couldn't handle the snap from center on a 35-yard field goal attempt by Shaun Suisham. The Browns pounced on the blown chance, scoring a touchdown and taking control.
"He made some big throws," coach Mike Pettine said.
"To beat those guys that way feels good," Hoyer said. "The last time the Browns beat the Steelers, I was the backup quarterback for the Steelers.  I know how much it means for these players to beat Pittsburgh. They haven't had great luck against them for the past however many years. To beat those guys and the fashion we did it, feels really good."
No doubt about that.
And as Cleveland's quarterback ran from the field after defeating the hated Pittsburgh Steelers, Hoyer celebrated with Browns fans who were sitting behind a banner that read: "This Is Hoyer Country."
Hoyer threw a 51-yard touchdown pass to tight end Jordan Cameron in the first half and improved to 6-2 as Cleveland's starter,Jerseys Wholesale. The Browns (3-2) — with a big assist from their much maligned defense — beat the Steelers for just the third time in 23 games. Cleveland hadn't beaten Pittsburgh so soundly since a 51-0 shutout in 1989.
Cleveland's win was tempered by the loss of Pro Bowl center Alex Mack, who broke his left leg in the first half and is likely done for the season.
Nose tackle Steve McLendon (sprained shoulder), DE Brett Keisel (sprained knee) and S Mike Mitchell (sprained knee) all went out. Coach Mike Tomlin said the team will have more information Monday.
MISSING MACK: As Mack was being treated on the field before being taken on a cart to the locker room,China Jerseys, several Steelers offered their condolences.
"We're 3-3," he said. "Our record says we're an average football team. It's still early but we've got to get some things fixed."
"Pretty cool," Hoyer said.
Making big plays and no mistakes,Cheap NHL Adidas Jerseys, Hoyer passed for 217 yards and for once didn't have to sweat out the final minutes as the Browns romped 31-10 over Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers on Sunday.
Ben Tate had two rushing TDs and rookie Isaiah Crowell added another as the Browns opened a 21-3 lead in the first half and rolled one week after staging the largest comeback in NFL history by a road team.
For Roethlisberger, two wins each season over Cleveland has almost been a given. However, he lost for just the second time in 20 games against the Browns as he couldn't get Pittsburgh's offense moving against a defense that entered the game ranked 31st in the league.
"I didn't play well enough," said Roethlisberger,Wholesale Jerseys, who went 21 of 42 for 228 yards and one late TD. "I missed some throws. I didn't make some good calls at times. I hold myself to a higher standard and I've got to be better."

The Steelers fell into last place in the AFC North.
BEN'S TAKE: Roethlisberger was succinct following the game in summing up the state of the Steelers.
HURTIN' STEEL CURTAIN:  Pittsburgh was without two starters coming in and then had three others injured.
"You could really feel a swing there," Pettine said. "That was huge for us."
The Browns just may be for real, and here are five other things we learned as they bounced the Steelers into the division's basement:
"We have played every snap together for six years and you are finally getting the best of Pittsburgh, he deserved to be out there with us," Thomas said. "It was hard to go on. It's so difficult to lose such a tremendous player like that."
Browns tackle Joe Thomas blinked back tears as Mack, his close friend and fellow offensive lineman, was carted off.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 19:00 , Processed in 0.077447 second(s), 28 queries .