2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-19 02:45:24 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
McCown, who calls Brees one of his "absolute best friends," said the Saints' all-time passer has been working hard to come back and was evidently disappointed by Friday's realization he would not go on Sunday.
Coincidentally, McCown has starred in a national advertising campaign early this season in which he touts the backup systems of a mobile phone company, which he predicts they would "really shine" if they had a chance. Now he'll get his chance — and it comes in the same week his brother, Josh, was announced as the starter for Cleveland over Johnny Manziel in the Browns' home game against Oakland.
Notes: Cornerback Keenan Lewis, who returned to practice this week from a preseason hip injury,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, expects his playing status at Carolina to be decided shortly before kickoff. ... Safety Jairus Byrd (knee) and linebacker Dannell Ellerbe (toe) participated in portions of practice open to reports. However, practice is closed during 11-on-11 drills.
METAIRIE,Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys, La. (AP) — Drew Brees will be sidelined for New Orleans' game at Carolina on Sunday, when the Saints will try to avoid falling to 0-3.
"I never got into football hoping to be a backup," said McCown, a former Louisiana Tech standout. "I started and played 45 straight games in college. I never missed a game there. So you don't ever approach something and say, 'I hope I don't play today.'
McCown has been with the Saints since 2013 but has yet to complete a regular-season pass with the club. His only attempt was an incompletion on a fake field goal. McCown has not thrown a touchdown pass in a game since he threw five in five games with Tampa Bay in 2007.
"Just where he's at in the rehab and his strength, I think he felt — I think we all felt — like it would be too early, him playing this weekend," Payton said. "He felt like he made progress throughout the week and yet it's still not where it needs to be,Cheap Baltimore Ravens Jerseys, or where we would feel comfortable with the strength that he needs.
McCown said he expects to have the same liberty Brees does to adjust play calls at the line of scrimmage, and to have the same number of plays at his disposal. He is eager to play.
Sunday's game will mark the first start Brees has missed because of an injury since joining New Orleans in 2006. Brees briefly was in the locker room while it was open to media, but politely chose not to talk about the decision, allowing McCown to absorb the spotlight.
"He doesn't give up (practice snaps),Cheap Jerseys, much less games,Wholesale China Jerseys," McCown said. "At the same time, he's been tremendously supportive. ... The same way I try to mentally support him he's offered to me, and we'll approach this thing and go win a ball game."
Payton said resting Brees this weekend was not a difficult decision. Payton also declined to forecast whether Brees would return the following week against Dallas.
"I'm excited because it's a chance to help our team win. It's not been about me. It's not about Drew. It's about the Saints, and we've got to do whatever we can do to put a win up on the board."
"We're running the same plays," right tackle and offensive captain Zach Strief said when describing how the offense looks with McCown at quarterback. "You don't last in this league as long as he does at that position without being a guy who knows how to work and how to prepare himself. He's prepared every week and this is no different. I would say he's probably got a little bit stronger of an arm than Drew, just pure arm strength ... but it's the same offense. It doesn't feel all that different."
But the Saints expect his familiarity with the offense after more than two seasons on the club, combined with his decade-plus of NFL experience, will serve him well when he takes over the offense in a divisional road game.
Brees was hurt on a hit in the second quarter of last Sunday's 26-19 loss at home to Tampa Bay. He never left the game, finishing 24 of 38 for 255 yards and one touchdown. While he won't be in uniform, Brees will travel to Carolina for input to teammates on the sideline. He participated in practice all week on a limited basis.

Brees,Wholesale Jerseys Store, who is recovering from a bruised rotator cuff in his right (throwing) shoulder, will be replaced in the lineup by 12-year veteran Luke McCown, Saints coach Sean Payton said Friday.
"This morning, as he was throwing, he just felt like the velocity still wasn't there," Payton added.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 13:29 , Processed in 0.077640 second(s), 28 queries .