主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-2-19 08:46:16 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Bettis was a burly running back nicknamed The Bus who began a 13-season career by earning Rookie of the Year honors for the Rams. He capped it by winning the 2006 Super Bowl with the Steelers in a game played in his hometown of Detroit.
His 13,662 yards rushing rank fifth in history.
"To think a little fat kid who had never played football until high school," Bettis said,Cheap Jerseys China, "to think I can ascend to this level, this is something I never thought of, never dreamed of."
"I can't imagine having a Professional Football Hall of Fame without Junior Seau in it," said Belichick, whose team plays the Seattle Seahawks in Sunday's Super Bowl.
"I'd say the one word that comes to me when I think about Junior and football is 'passion.'"

When Brown retired after the 2004 season,Cheap Jerseys 2018, he ranked No. 2 in NFL history with 14,934 yards receiving, No. 3 with 1,094 catches, and No. 3 with 100 touchdown catches. This was his sixth year of eligibility.
A candidate needs 80 percent of the vote to get in,Cheap Jerseys From China.
A field-covering, hard-hitting linebacker, the charismatic Seau,Authentic NBA Jerseys Cheap, who committed suicide at age 43 in 2012, was the only first-time eligible candidate in the Hall's class of 2015. Also getting in Saturday, a day before the Super Bowl, were modern-day players Jerome Bettis, Tim Brown, Charles Haley and Will Shields, contributors Bill Polian and Ron Wolf, and senior selection Mick Tingelhoff.
The induction ceremony is in August at Canton, Ohio.
Five nominees were eliminated in Saturday's final vote: Tony Dungy, Kevin Greene, Marvin Harrison, Orlando Pace and Kurt Warner. Earlier in the day, the 46 members on the selection committee reduced the list of 15 modern-day finalists by cutting players Morten Andersen, Terrell Davis and John Lynch, and coaches Don Coryell and Jimmy Johnson.
"He never really needed an award to solidify how good he was. This kind of stuff was more for his family, for his mom, his dad, his brothers. Just to make them proud, make his family proud," Tyler Seau said. "For him, he knew what work he put in. So he knew where he was and where he stood amongst these men. And he's rightfully in."
His death, less than 2 1/2 years after the end of his playing career, resonated among players in the league, raising worry about the physical and emotional toll the sport takes.
"It's hard when you come into a group of men that have done what they've done, at their caliber, and they're sharing stories and memories that they had together and playing against each other,Sale NFL Jerseys," Tyler Seau said. "It makes you emotional."
Junior Seau played in the NFL for 20 seasons, the first 13 with the San Diego Chargers, followed by three with Miami and four with New England. He was Defensive Player of the Year for San Diego in 1992, made six All-Pro teams, and was a member of the league's All-Decade team of the 1990s.
Researchers who studied Junior Seau's brain said it showed signs of chronic traumatic encephalopathy, a disease connected to repeated head injuries, including concussions.
"You know you have to wait your turn," the 1987 Heisman Trophy winner said. "I came in this year hoping for better things."
Polian and Wolf were general managers who built Super Bowl champions. Tingelhoff retired in 1978 after starting all 240 games of his career as the center for the Minnesota Vikings.
PHOENIX (AP) — One by one, the newest members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame stepped onto the stage as their names were called. When the eighth man elected Saturday, the late Junior Seau, was announced, his two sons stood with the group.
Patriots coach Bill Belichick said this week he "loved" having Seau on his roster.
"I wish," 25-year-old Tyler Seau said later,Air Max 98 Gundam For Sale, "he was here in person with us."
Haley, a defensive end and linebacker, needed to wait 11 years to get in after becoming the first player in NFL history to play on five Super Bowl-winning teams. He called the late 49ers coach Bill Walsh "a father figure to me."
Shields was a guard for Kansas City from 1993-2006, never missing a game in his 14 seasons. He was a first-team All-Pro three times, a second-team All-Pro four times, and was a member of the NFL's All-Decade Team of the 2000s.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 05:49 , Processed in 0.079376 second(s), 25 queries .