主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-2-19 14:47:38 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — Woody Johnson is open to bringing back Darrelle Revis.
Instead, Revis signed with the Patriots for a deal worth $12 million this season. Revis was selected for the Pro Bowl, while the Jets mixed and matched several players at cornerback on a defense that struggled with its secondary.
The second year of Revis' deal is a team option that would pay him $20 million next season with a monstrous cap hit of $25 million. So,Cheap Baltimore Ravens Jerseys, Revis could potentially become a free agent again if the Patriots don't renegotiate.
And that could potentially give Johnson and the Jets another chance to bring back one of the franchise's most successful players,Cheap Authentic Jerseys.
During his news conference Monday to announce the firings of coach Rex Ryan and general manager John Idzik, Johnson was asked about not being able to sign Revis last offseason. Johnson said he didn't think he could land him, based on his previous experience with Revis' agents.
A team media relations staffer tried to intercept the initial question by saying Johnson couldn't comment — but the Jets owner went ahead and spoke about the team's first-round draft pick in 2007. New York traded him to Tampa Bay in 2013,Cheap Jerseys Online, and Idzik drafted Sheldon Richardson with one of the picks the Jets acquired from the Buccaneers.
Revis became a free agent last offseason when the Buccaneers cut him because of his hefty contract, and it appeared he could be a fit for the cornerback-needy Jets.

"I misspoke today when I commented on Darrelle Revis," Johnson said. "I would never interfere in the contractual relationship of a player with another team, and should not have used those words. I called (Patriots owner) Robert Kraft this afternoon to emphasize those points."
Johnson backpedaled on his comments Monday night,Wholesale Authentic NHL Jerseys, when he issued a statement through the team.
"If I had thought I could have gotten Darrelle for that, I probably would have taken him back," Johnson said. "It was our best judgment to do what we did."
One problem for the New York Jets owner: The Pro Bowl cornerback is under contract for another year with the New England Patriots.
Because Revis,Cheap NHL Jerseys Online, who spent his first six seasons with the Jets, is on another team's roster, the Jets owner could be accused of tampering. An NFL spokesman declined comment when asked if the league might look into Johnson's comments.
"Darrelle's a great player," Johnson said. "I'd love to have Darrelle come back."
"There's a lot of emphasis on one player," Johnson said during the news conference. "We made a trade with the Buccaneers and we got a one and a three. We got a fairly good player in return for that,Cheap Air Jordan Shoes, I would say."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 16:29 , Processed in 0.077132 second(s), 23 queries .