2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-19 18:07:23 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Payton dismissed the notion that Brees should feel threatened just because the Saints drafted a quarterback in the third round.
His Washington school records also include: Career tackle-for-loss yards (275), single-season Sacks (19 in 2014), single-season tackles for loss (25 in 2014) and single-season tackle-for-loss yards (139 in 2014).

The Saints top pass rushers last season were Junior Galette, who had 10 sacks, and Cameron Jordan, who had 7½ sacks.
Jordan is also entering the final season of his contract, while Galette signed an extension before last season.
Now both will be pushed to outperform Kikaha, who was widely regarded as one of the most accomplished pass-rushers in the draft.
Kikaha has advanced training in martial arts,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, including judo, which said has helped him as a football player.
Both saw a drop in production last season from 2013, when Jordan led the club with 12½ sacks and Galette had 12.
Given the way he's played the past two seasons, it doesn't look like his injury history will be a significant liability, and the New Orleans Saints showed their confidence in Kikaha's fitness by making him their second-round draft choice at 44th overall on Friday.
The 6-foot-2, 253-pound Kikaha gives the Saints a powerful pass-rusher from the edge, something the club could use after its defense ranked 23rd in the NFL in sacks per pass attempt last season.
"Growing up, I used to flip off of everything," he said. "I have always had a lot of athleticism."
In addition to his 4.45-second time in his "pro day" 40-yard dash, the 6-foot, 196-pound has a 41-inch vertical leap. He said he's been able to dunk a basketball since ninth grade and perfected a standing backflip long ago."
METAIRIE,Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic, La. (AP) — Hau'oli Kikaha, who set records for sacks with the Washington Huskies, jokes that he "almost forgot" which knee he blew out twice in college.
"It would be different if all of a sudden we're taking a quarterback in the first round,College Jerseys," Payton said. "But in our case it's pretty clear: We love our starter."
Kikaha also has a friend on the Saints, offensive lineman Senio Kelemete, a fellow Hawaiian and former teammate at Washington.
"I'm glad those are long in the past and I've been able to excel since then."
The Saints used their first of two third-round draft picks on Colorado State's Garrett Grayson, a possible heir apparent to 36-year-old record-setting quarterback Drew Brees.
"He's got a really good football IQ,Nike Air Max 97 Buy," Payton said of Williams. "I see him being a guy who'll come in and compete with the rest of these guys on the outside. I do think he's someone that ought to be able to play in the nickel."
In 2014, Kikaha led all Division I Football Bowl Subdivision players in sacks with 19 en route to finishing his Huskies career with a school record 36 sacks, and was named Associated Press first-team All-America.
The Saints then took Florida State cornerback P.J. Williams with the 78th overall choice acquired from Miami, along with linebacker Dannell Ellerbe, in a trade that sent receiver Kenny Stills to the Dolphins.
"The core fundamentals of those sports are based on balance and power and angles, not to mention hand-fighting — all of those things go into what a pass rusher does," Kikaha said.
"I'm just extremely excited to get behind him and learn as much as I can," Grayson, taken 75th overall, said of Brees. "I have no problem sitting behind a (potential) Hall-of-Famer like Drew Brees just like Aaron (Rodgers) did with Brett Favre. This really is — and I'm not just saying this — it really is a dream come true for me."
Kikaha had a sack in 13 of 14 games last season and his 25 tackles for losses ranked second nationally. He also had 13 sacks in 2013, when he was named first-team All-Pac-12.
The Hawaii native was New Orleans' third overall pick,Wholesale Jerseys From China, following Stanford offensive tackle Andrus Peat at 13th overall and Clemson linebacker Stephone Anthony at 31st overall.
"It was pretty hard for me to take," Kikaha said of the left anterior cruciate ligament tears that sidelined him for most of 2011 and all of 2012. "But they're in the past and I've overcome those things with my family's help and support,Cheap Jerseys Store, and coaching and friends that brought me through those times.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 13:39 , Processed in 0.078315 second(s), 28 queries .