主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-2-19 19:25:46 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"It was a huge part," Jackson said. "I remember at some point there in the third quarter I told Paul put him in, let's go. That's what you do. Sometimes you get a feel for things."
CINCINNATI (AP) — Right tackle Eric Winston sat out most of the season,Cheap Jerseys From China, waiting for a team to give him another chance. He finally got it with the Bengals, and he's settling right in.
Winston helped the Bengals rush for a season-high 244 yards against the Browns, playing so well that coach Marvin Lewis expects him to be an important part of the offense Monday night, perhaps even starting.
Winston,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, president of the NFL Players Association,Air Max 97 Womens, kept in shape for the three months he didn't have a team. He wasn't sure whether he'd be able to play a significant role at first, but came through the Cleveland game without problem.
NOTES: Receiver A.J. Green fully practiced Friday, a day after he went home sick. Receiver and kick returner Brandon Tate was sick and missed practice Friday. ... Cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick (Achilles tendon) and defensive end Carlos Dunlap (calf) were limited in practice. ... Tight end Jermaine Gresham fully practiced for a second straight day, an indication he'll be ready for Monday night. Gresham missed the game in Cleveland with an injured toe.
The Bengals (9-4-1) are impressed by how fast he's learned the system, making him an important part of a team on the cusp of its fourth straight playoff appearance. They can clinch a berth by beating Denver (11-3) on Monday night.
"Obviously I knew my role could be as a backup and a reserve guy, but I don't think anybody comes in, gets in on a team and says, 'Man, I hope I don't play,'" Winston said. "If that's the role they're going to put me in, great. I'm up for the challenge and I look forward to it."
Cincinnati leads the AFC North by a half-game over Pittsburgh and Baltimore. The Bengals finish the season in Pittsburgh.
Winston thinks he's in good enough shape to handle a bigger role.
"We'll keep going and moving forward,Authentic MLB Jerseys Online. We've been pleased with his progress,Wholesale NBA Jerseys."
"He wants the opportunity to play and help us to win games and get in the playoffs," Lewis said. "So it was a good fit for us and I'm glad it worked out. Like any good pro, he's embraced the learning part, and spent the time and everything to get up to speed,Wholesale NFL Jerseys Online, and put in the effort to do that.
"I was surprised actually a little bit because I'd worked real hard and I'd tried to maintain a level of playing shape where if I had to come in somewhere and play, I wouldn't be dragging around," Winston said. "Playing in the game for a long period of time Sunday, I was happy with where I was at. I think another week of pushing it and I'll be good to go."

Winston was in for 45 percent of the offensive plays during Cincinnati's 30-0 win in Cleveland on Sunday, less than two weeks after signing as a free agent. The 31-year-old lineman was released by Seattle during the preseason and didn't get an offer until the Bengals needed someone to fill in for the injured Andre Smith.
After trying a couple players at the position, they decided to let Winston have a shot during the second half in Cleveland. Offensive coordinator Hue Jackson told line coach Paul Alexander to see what Winston could do. He played well enough to earn another look.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 02:13 , Processed in 0.077273 second(s), 23 queries .