主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-2-20 09:04:15 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Some things to know about the Panthers in advance of this week's draft.
It's possible the Panthers could look for a wide receiver to pair with Benjamin. They may look for a franchise left tackle they didn't get in last year's draft.
TRADING PICKS: Carolina,Air Max 97 For Sale Australia, which has won back-to-back NFC South titles, has nine picks overall — something Gettleman could use to package and trade up later in the draft.
The team has more options this year.
The Panthers entered the offseason looking to upgrade their speed, special teams and left tackle position.
"I don't subscribe to that theory that we're one player away," he said.
"Is there a long-term guy at the left tackle spot who could be available for us at 25? Yes," Gettleman said.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — General manager Dave Gettleman doesn't believe the Carolina Panthers have one glaring area of need entering the NFL draft.
That's a welcome change for the third-year GM.
The Panthers will start their third left tackle in as many years this season. Jordan Gross played there in 2012 before retiring, and Byron Bell — now with the Tennessee Titans — started there last year.
Or perhaps Georgia's Todd Gurley is still on the board and the Panthers look to fill the void at running back left by the offseason release of veteran DeAngelo Williams.
"Can we use a guy here or there? Yes, who can't? But we're not walking into this draft like we were last year."
TACKLE TALK: Gettleman said there are "four to five" players in the draft who can develop into quality left tackles in the NFL, although he wouldn't mention any by name.
Last year the Panthers were forced to address one of three glaring needs — wide receiver, offensive tackle or the secondary with the 28th overall pick. They settled on Florida State wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin, who turned in a nice rookie season with 73 receptions for 1,008 yards and nine touchdowns.
RECEIVER DEPTH: While last year's draft was loaded with quality wide receivers,Air Max 97 Silver Bullet For Sale, Gettleman believes this year's draft is actually deeper at that position. That means help for Benjamin could come after the first round.

CHARACTER CONCERNS: Gettleman said the Panthers will continue to be cautious when it comes to drafting players with character concerns, particularly after the bad publicity they endured last year with Greg Hardy's domestic assault case.
"With the things we have done in the offseason — and I'm not saying we're perfect because we have a long way to go — but I feel good about where we are at right now at a lot of positions," Gettleman said Tuesday at a pre-draft news conference.
"I feel a lot better going into this draft than we did last year,Air Max 97 For Sale," Gettleman said. "A year ago today I knew we had to remake three position groups — the wide receivers, the tackles and the secondary. And we made good strides,Cheap Jerseys From China, good enough to get to the second round of the playoffs and play a Super Bowl team (Seattle) pretty tough in their joint. Do I feel like we need a (particular position)? No."
"We felt we hit those check boxes and I feel really good about that," Gettleman said.
FIRST-ROUND SUCCESS: The Panthers have had plenty of success with their first-round picks over the years.
That makes the Panthers, who have the 25th overall pick in the draft, slightly unpredictable entering Thursday night.
They found potential stopgaps at tackle by adding free agents Michael Oher and Jonathan Martin, addressed their speed and the return game by bringing back Ted Ginn Jr. and filled a number of other holes on special teams and in the secondary by signing some experienced, low-risk free agents.
"Players have to understand they are representing the Carolina Panthers,Wholesale NFL Jerseys," Gettleman said. "We won't bring someone in here we feel will tarnish that."
Gettleman doesn't appear keen on trading up in the first round and paying a huge price to get a particular player.
Benjamin was a major contributor last year, and the Panthers got defensive tackle Star Lotulelei, linebacker Luke Kuechly and quarterback Cam Newton in the previous three years. All are key players and considered part of the team's core.
"You don't want any position to be a revolving door,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys," Gettleman said.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 13:36 , Processed in 0.079467 second(s), 25 queries .