10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2016-12-29 21:55:40 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
GUNS N' ROSES, BEASTIE BOYS, Donovan,Brandon Saad Jersey, Freddie King, Laura Nyro, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS and SMALL FACES/FACES are among the inductees on the exclusive HBO special "2012 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony", debuting saturday, may 5 (9:00-11:30 p.m. ET/PT). The 27th annual induction ceremony was conducted April 14 at Cleveland's legendary Public Hall, just steps away from the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame And Museum. The HBO special features long-awaited performances, momentous jams,Wayne Gretzky Jersey, reunions of former band members and moving speeches from both presenters and inductees.HBO Signature will present a 24-hour marathon of the HBO special beginning at midnight the same day the special debuts on HBO, and concluding Sunday,J. T. Miller Team North America Jersey, May 6 at midnight.Other HBO playdates: * May 10 (7:30 p.m., 3:20 a.m.)* May 13 (2:00 p.m.)* May 15 (3:00 p.m., 12:30 a.m.)* May 19 (5:15 p.m.)* May 28 (12:10 a.m.)* May 31 (1:30 p.m.)HBO2 playdates: * May 12 (6:00 p.m.)* May 17 (11:45 p.m.)* May 21 (9:30 a.m., 10:00 p.m.)* May 25 (5:30 p.m.)* May 30 (1:50 a.m.)USA Today described the live event as "raucous" and "star-crossed," while AP deemed it a "rowdy celebration." The New York Times said the night featured "blistering jams and shaggy dog stories about rockers' early years" while the Cleveland Plain Dealer called it a "musical extravaganza."GUNS N' ROSES were inducted by GREEN DAY, who performed to open the evening's festivities. Frontman Billie Joe Armstrong said in his induction speech,Matt Dumba Jersey, "The first time I saw GUNS N' ROSES on MTV I thought,Ryan Reaves Jersey, one of these guys could end up dead or in jail . . . The thing that set them apart from everyone else is guts, heart and soul. And most importantly,Marcus Kruger Jersey, they told the truth and painted a picture of the mad world that they lived in."In addition to GUNS N' ROSES lead singer Axl Rose, who announced three days before the ceremony that he would not attend and was not accepting his induction, other missing members included original guitarist Izzy Stradlin and longtime keyboardist Dizzy Reed,Al Macinnis Jersey, who still plays in the current version of the band.For the Rock Hall induction performance, McKagan, guitarist Slash and drummer Steven Adler were joined by guitarist Gilby Clarke and drummer Matt Sorum for three songs — "Mr. Brownstone", "Sweet Child O' Mine" and "Paradise City" — from the band's classic 1987 debut, "Appetite For Destruction". Providing vocals in the absence of Axl Rose was Myles Kennedy, the singer for ALTER BRIDGE and Slash's current solo band.Sorum played drums for "Mr. Brownstone", while original drummer Adler took over for the other two songs.Stradlin issued a statement the week before the induction, thanking his bandmates, the Hall Of Fame for "the acknowledgment of our works over the years," and the fans who "have supported GUNS N' ROSES from day one."McKagan addressed Rose's absence during the bandmembers' acceptance speeches, saying, "I don't know if it matters who's here tonight because it's about the music that band created."Slash admitted that all the drama almost stopped him from attending,Artemi Panarin Jersey, saying, "The fans are the ones who made it possible for us to get together tonight with all the adversity and everything that was going on . . . I was like fuck it, but (my wife) said 'Go and do it with the guys,' and I said 'You're right.'"The HBO special also features an all-star jam of Stevie Wonder's "Higher Ground" at the end of the show, featuring RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS with Billie Joe Armstrong, George Clinton, Slash and Ron Wood. Paul Shaffer and members of the CBS Orchestra served as back-up band for several of the night's performances.The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Foundation was established by legendary record executive Ahmet Ertegun and a group of music business executives to honor the artists that have defined rock and roll and have inspired and continue to inspire a generation. The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame And Museum, Inc. is the nonprofit organization that exists to educate visitors, fans and scholars from around the world about the history and continuing significance of rock and roll music. It carries out this mission both through its operation of a world-class museum designed by I.M. Pei in Cleveland, Ohio that collects, preserves, exhibits and interprets this art form and through its library and archives as well as educational programs. HBO presented the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame's 25th anniversary special in 2009 and a concert spectacular celebrating the opening of the museum in Cleveland in 1995.A trailer for the HBO special "2012 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony" can be seen below.Check out photos of the event:* Wire Image - Inside* Wire Image - Show* Wire Image - Arrivals* Wire Image – Press Room* Film Magic - Show* Film Magic - Press Room* Getty Images - Show* Getty Images - Press Room* Getty Images - Arrivals
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 02:43 , Processed in 0.064052 second(s), 26 queries .