2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-20 23:52:28 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
He landed in Minnesota, where he helped to stabilize things when Christian Ponder and Josh Freeman fizzled out. And after the season, Cassel signed a two-year deal to stay put.
The third preseason game is often a dress rehearsal for the regular season, and Vikings coach Mike Zimmer and Chiefs counterpart Andy Reid said they will play their starters into the third quarter. But there could be plenty of star power sitting out.
"The way we've set it up,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, we've treated this week as a game week the way we're working through it," Smith said. "It is a next step in the progression,Nike Air Max 98 Tour Yellow, certainly."
The first round of roster cuts are due Tuesday,Wholesale Jerseys Cheap, so the game will be critical for guys trying to earn a job deeper on the depth chart. The Vikings are still sorting out their defensive backfield,Jerseys NFL Cheap, and the Chiefs have a slew of openings on both sides of the ball.
"I'm going to continue to prepare and do what I need to do to get ready for the season," Cassel said. "When the time comes and coach tells us, we'll have to deal with it."
Those are some of the same concerns that surround Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles, who sat out last weekend's game against Carolina after hurting his foot in an off-the-field incident. He was back at practice for the first time Thursday but is unlikely to play Saturday night.
Zimmer said it is possible Peterson won't play in any preseason games.
Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, who has not played in the first two preseason games, missed practice Wednesday and Thursday for what the team called personal reasons. He's expected to make the trip to Kansas City, but it is unlikely Zimmer will put him on the field.
"Adrian and I have talked about it a little bit. I don't really see the need," he said. "He's doing a great job of the protections and the routes and all that, and obviously he runs really good. The only concern you have is that he might not have been hit enough."
Two years later,Chris Chelios Jersey, the former Chiefs quarterback has the inside track on the starting job for the Minnesota Vikings, who visit Kansas City for a preseason game Saturday night.
"Listen, I don't care about all that. Next guy is in and we roll," Reid said. "It's simple that way. If you can play, you can play, and if you can't, you can't."
"It's supposed to be a competition with the quarterbacks in the room. But for me, I've been the young guy in the room and those guys have been great mentors," he said. "I've heard that usually the young guy has to learn on his own, but that's not the case here."
Pro Bowl safety Eric Berry has been dealing with a heel injury, wide receiver Dwayne Bowe missed the entire week of practice with a quad injury and linebacker Joe Mays is expected to be out for a while because of a significant wrist injury.

After arriving in a trade from New England, he helped lead a moribund franchise back to the playoffs. But a carousel of head coaches and offensive coordinators hurt his chances of succeeding, and a new regime spelled the end for him. The Chiefs acquired Alex Smith from San Francisco last offseason, and Cassel was sent packing despite having two years left on his contract.
Bridgewater has done his best to diffuse any potential tension.
Few people would blame Cassel if he did.
"I've moved on. They've moved on," Cassel said ahead of his return. "I've got a lot of family friends out there. I actually still have a home there. The truth of the matter is, I have no ill will."
His starting job has been hardly guaranteed, though, especially after the Vikings drafted Teddy Bridgewater in the first round. But after playing well this preseason, Cassel will start for the third straight time on Saturday night in Kansas City, and the expectation is that the veteran will be under center when the Vikings open their season Sept. 7 in St. Louis.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The last time Matt Cassel stepped inside Arrowhead Stadium, banners were flying overhead asking for him to be benched. He'd been booed at a celebrity softball game and become a scapegoat for an entire organization that had fallen on hard times.
"I'll see what he decides to do," Peterson said. "I'll leave it up to him."
None of them are expected to be available for Kansas City,Cheap NFL Jerseys China.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 17:07 , Processed in 0.081627 second(s), 28 queries .