2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-21 01:45:44 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Tuitt's ascent has been steady since the beginning of training camp, when LeBeau threw the second-round pick onto the field with the starters to see if he could hold his own.
"Anybody that's got the raw material these guys have got — Dan's got the size and strength, Tuitt has the athletic ability — they're going to be able to contribute and they've got to start right now," LeBeau said.
"You've just got to be able to be focused and understand your assignment and who's coming with you," Tuitt said.
McCullers said he's "not at the full greatness that I can be," but is realizing the days when he could simply overwhelm an opponent are long gone.
The 6-foot-5,NFL Jerseys Cheap, 303-pound Tuitt doesn't lumber so much as he leaps. Though he played along the interior at Notre Dame, the Steelers moved him to the outside to take better use of his speed and the kind of long arms that can clog up passing lanes.
There's a chance McCullers could be along for the ride on a handful of snaps. Considered a project when Pittsburgh grabbed him in the sixth round of the draft,Mens Nike Air Max 2018 Shoes, McCullers has spent most of the last four months redistributing his weight. The results haven't gone unnoticed.
Certainly looks like it.
"He's going to be a good player,Wholesale NBA Jerseys China, you can write that down,China Jerseys For Sale," LeBeau said.
"Every week I choose to get better at something," he said. "I try not to overwhelm myself, so this defense is starting to be understandable to me."
If Tuitt replaces veteran Brett Keisel, who is nursing a knee injury that kept him out of practice Thursday, then safety Troy Polamalu will be the only defensive starter over 30. Pittsburgh had five defensive starters 30 or older as recently as the 2013 season opener.
The sooner the better for McCullers,Andre Branch Dolphins Jersey. And his team.

The results were promising, though Tuitt has done his best to keep his head down and wait his turn.
"I think he's moving well for a man his size," said LeBeau, who added he'd be comfortable if McCullers was forced to play extensively.
Rookie end Stephon Tuitt could make the first start of his career on Monday night against Houston while massive nose tackle Daniel McCullers may find his way into uniform following a shoulder injury to Steve McLendon.
There have been flashes of brilliance in practice. Tuitt jumped in front of a screen pass from backup Bruce Gradkowski last week and sprinted down the field.
PITTSBURGH (AP) — The youth movement on the Pittsburgh Steelers' defense is accelerating.
The presence of Tuitt and the massive 6-foot-7, 350-pound McCullers won't solve all of the problems, but LeBeau is intrigued about the chance to see if Tuitt's heady play in practice transfers under the lights.
The Steelers (3-3) need them to mature quickly if they want to halt an erratic opening six weeks in which they have looked competitive one Sunday and confounded the next. The trend continued in a dismal 31-10 loss to Cleveland last week in which the Browns gashed Pittsburgh for 158 yards rushing and quarterback Brian Hoyer averaged 27 yards per completion.
"I'm getting better every week with my technique," he said. "So, I'll keep working on my craft and try to get better as much as possible. I'm not there yet, but I'm going to keep working at it. And I'll get there."
NOTES: LB Ryan Shazier practiced for the second straight day. Shazier hasn't played since spraining his right knee against Carolina on Sept,Cheap China Jerseys. 21. ... Keisel and S Mike Mitchell (knee) did not practice.
The transition hasn't been easy. Pittsburgh requires all of their ends to learn how to play on both the left and the right.
Defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau understands the overhaul was necessary, even if it's something the Steelers have largely avoided during his decade-long tenure. Still, the Hall of Famer believes Tuitt and McCullers can make a positive impact despite their limited experience.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 05:58 , Processed in 0.073351 second(s), 26 queries .