主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-2-21 23:30:45 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"I saw him in the offseason, I kept up with him, texting him and when I saw him run for the first time, I said, 'He's going to shock the world,'" receiver T.Y. Hilton said.
"There are not very many guys who are 35,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, at receiver and still playing," he said. "So it's time to go out and have some fun. I've been playing a cheerleading role for a long time. It (football) is something I've been doing since I was 7 years old and I still love it."
Instead of giving up on the guy who befriended coach Chuck Pagano at the University of Miami in the late 1990s, who gave up money to re-sign with the Colts in 2012 and delivered the season's signature moment with a career-best 212-yard day in an incredible 30-27 comeback victory over Green Bay — days after Pagano left the team to start his battle against leukemia — everyone supported Wayne.

All he has to do now is prove he's back. It starts Sunday night against the defending AFC champion Broncos and old friend Peyton Manning.
For months,NFL Jerseys Wholesale, he heard the same critique: 35-year-old receivers don't come back from this sort of injury. He had watched the seemingly invincible Marvin Harrison, a former teammate, succumb to what was described then as a bruised knee at age 35. Harrison missed the final 11 regular season games in 2007, returned for the playoffs and lost a fumble the first time he was hit. The next season, Harrison finished with 60 catches, 636 yards and five touchdowns, his lowest numbers in a non-injury plagued season during the Manning era, and that's how his career ended.
"I know what I'm capable of doing," Wayne said Friday as he enters the final year of his contract. "When you're rehabbing two or three times a day there's no time for doubt,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, and if you have doubt, there's no sense in getting up at 5 o'clock in the morning to rehab. It's time to show everyone what four to eight hours a day, every day, away from your family was all about. It's time to show everyone I'm the Reggie of old, if not better."
Pagano promised reporters almost immediately that Wayne would defy the odds, and his teammates became believers, too.
"If it's a normal game day and there's 60 plays,China NFL Jerseys, I hope it's 60 plays," Wayne said. "If it's 80 plays, that means we're doing a good job, then I hope it's 80 plays."
For a handful of hours Sunday, Wayne acknowledges, Manning will be a foe — not a friend — and that Manning will feel the same way about him until it's over. But for the first time since getting hurt, Wayne will be under no restrictions.
The only people more eager to see him back on the field are teammates and coaches,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, who say Wayne's mere presence provides a calming effect on the field.
Still,Wholesale Jerseys China, Pagano had to be cautious.
He kept Wayne off to the side or in the background as teammates endured their offseason workouts in April, May and June. At training camp, Wayne was limited to a strict regimen of two practices every three days. And even when Wayne lobbied for more work in the preseason, he got to play in just two series against his hometown team, New Orleans.
Those inside the Colts organization never doubted Wayne's comeback would be different.
Wayne insists this season opener will be just another chapter in a career that has already produced 1,006 receptions, 13,556 yards, 80 touchdowns, six Pro Bowl selections, two AFC titles and one Super Bowl ring.
As for the ending, he's still plotting it out.
"I know I sleep a lot better knowing he would suit up and play on Sundays," Pagano said.
Wayne's first real game in 10 1/2 months is, ironically, against the team he sustained the injury against and against the same quarterback who helped him emerge as one of the NFL's best receivers.
Wayne needed more than just grit and determination to get through this offseason.
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Reggie Wayne never doubted he could get back to being himself on the football field.
Not last October when his right knee gave out late in the Colts' win over Denver. Not when he put in hour after hour strengthening the torn ACL on his own. Not even when the Colts played it safe in the preseason. Nope, Wayne always expected his knee would heal, his speed would return, his cuts would be crisp and the critics who counted him out would be wrong.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 21:09 , Processed in 0.077975 second(s), 25 queries .