9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2016-12-30 00:40:46 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Joe Bosso of MusicRadar.com recently conducted an interview with DEEP PURPLE guitarist Steve Morse. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.MusicRadar.com: You're now the longest-serving guitarist in DEEP PURPLE history. Did you go into it thinking it would be a career gig? Also, did you have any trepidation stepping into the shoes of Ritchie Blackmore?Morse: "I have been through something like this before when I replaced Kerry Livgren in KANSAS, so I was sort of prepared for what the experience would entail. You go in knowing that a certain percentage of fans will just hate it, no matter how well you play or what you do. A lot of fans like a band only one way; another guy comes in,Wholesale Golden State Warriors Jerseys, they don't like it. It doesn't matter who it is,Cheap NFL Jerseys, what songs they write, or even if they're better than the guy that came before  some fans will just fold their arms and go, 'I don't like it.' I understand that. Still, when I joined DEEP PURPLE,2014 Olympic Team USA #44 Brooks Orpik White Stitched NHL Jersey, it was a chance for me to really bring something to the table. As a fan of the band,Nike Cowboys #89 Gavin Escobar Navy Blue/White Throwback Mens Stitched NFL Elite Jersey, I felt as though they needed something. They did the organ and the keyboards thing really well, but with the guitar stuff, a lot of which was blues based  and I realize that's their meat and potatoes  I felt like there needed some stepping up, a different kind of attitude. Actually, I did have some trepidation. They asked me to join the band, but I'd never even seen them play live. They played all over the world,Wholesale New York Yankees Jerseys, but they didn't play a lot in America. I didn't know what they'd be like,Nike Eagles #91 Fletcher Cox Black Mens Stitched NFL Elite Pro Line Gold Collection Jersey, whether they were a band just living of their name and not into new ideas  all those things. So my manager, Frank Solomon, set it up with DEEP PURPLE's manager that I would play four shows with the band. That way, it was an easy get-out-of-jail arrangement on both sides if we were unhappy. I didn't know what to expect, but during my first rehearsal with the band, which was only a couple of hours before we were supposed to do a gig, I was blown away by how great they were. I think we were all surprised at how good things sounded and how easy the chemistry was. Within an hour, we were laughing and slapping one another on the backs going,Pistons #0 Andre Drummond Navy Stitched NBA Jersey, 'All right, this is gonna work!'"MusicRadar.com: Tell me something, have you ever had any contact with Ritchie Blackmore? Has he commented on your playing?Morse: "I've had no contact with him, but he has made some comments which I thought were remarkablyrestrained. He's certainly had perfect opportunities to say whatever he wants,Wholesale Jerseys China, negative or otherwise. I realize I could be one giant target for him. And not just Ritchie,Giants #27 Juan Marichal Grey Cool Base Stitched MLB Jersey, but for many, many fans out there. There's still lots of people who want the band to be the original guys. I understand all of that. But I'm really relieved that he hasn't said anything harsh about me. The most he ever said, and I'm paraphrasing, is something like, 'This guy plays very well and does a lot of different things. I'm not sure if he's right for DEEP PURPLE' He said something to that effect. But you know, how can anybody replace Ritchie Blackmore in DEEP PURPLE? You can't. All you can do is come in, do what you do and change the band here and there. You can't be a cloneand you're shouldn't. What Ritchie did has been done. I do what I do. There you go!"Read the entire interview from MusicRadar.com.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-22 04:01 , Processed in 0.071020 second(s), 26 queries .