2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-22 06:56:41 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The last time the Vikings faced the Rams, Peterson rushed for 212 yards on his way to a 2,097-yard season.
"Hopefully I will try to say it again and hopefully it will work on the same way," Peterson said.
Peterson was nagged by injuries and a sprained right foot kept him out of two December games. He finished with a career-low 1,266 rushing yards.
"Yeah, I might as well speak it," he said. "Touchdown. First run."
The offensive line will have a lot to do with that.
Far more important than the net gain from the first time he touches the ball, of course, is the production Peterson can provide over 16 or more games. The cruel irony of that highlight-reel first carry of 2013 was that the Vikings lost that afternoon to the Lions and went on to finish 5-10-1 after making the playoffs the prior season.
Facing All-Pro Rams defensive end Robert Quinn, Kalil will be counted on heavily Sunday, and coach Mike Zimmer said Kalil had his two best practices of the season Wednesday and Thursday. Another player in the spotlight will be wide receiver Cordarrelle Patterson, who's eager to show off his kickoff return skills again along with a significant expansion of his role in the offense from his rookie year.
So how about this year, Sunday at St. Louis?
This year, with Norv Turner now the offensive coordinator, the Vikings will try to preserve Peterson's health with more carries outside of the tackles and short passes to cut down on some of the contact.
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) — Adrian Peterson took his first carry last year all the way for a 78-yard touchdown.
Thanks to some prompting from a reporter Thursday, Peterson turned that hope into a prediction.
"Listen, there's some great backs just as good as him in the tackle box,Cheap NHL Jerseys Online, but I think when he gets in the second level and you let him out into the back end of your defense he's the best," Rams defensive end Chris Long said. "That's what separates him: his ability to break a run. He's not just going to chip away at you. You can have him pinned down at the 7-yard line, and he's going to go for 93 yards and a score."
For the third straight year,Wholesale Jerseys China, the Vikings have the same lineup intact. Only Washington has more combined starts (159) by the front five over that span than Minnesota (157), according to STATS research,Cheap Authentic Jerseys Online, due to one game each missed to injury in 2013 by Brandon Fusco, Charlie Johnson and Phil Loadholt. John Sullivan and Matt Kalil have had perfect attendance.
That, he said, was also the first time he mouthed off to an opponent.
But as long as Peterson is with the Vikings,Cheap Jerseys From China, the show is going to start and end with him.
"I'm going to take it to the house," Peterson told them, a few days before he scored to start that game at Detroit. "Then when it happened,Jerseys NFL Cheap, I came to the sideline and they reminded me of it. They were like,Soccer World Cup Jerseys, 'Oh, man, you said you were going to do that.'"
"Those guys had me so hot, like I haven't ever been that mad playing football," Peterson said. He added: "Those guys were talking so much noise, and then we ripped off a long run and they got kind of quiet. So hopefully things play out the same way."
"It should be exciting," Zimmer said. "It'll be fun to have him on my side for a change."
He predicted it, too, during a conversation the week of the season opener with fellow Minnesota Vikings running backs Toby Gerhart and Matt Asiata.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 18:53 , Processed in 0.074534 second(s), 28 queries .