10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-23 04:19:43 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Strengthening accountability is one of the primary missions of recently appointed Finance Minister,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, Winston Jordan.He intends to do this through various “game-changing” concepts, the first being to conduct a “forensic” assessment of staff at the Finance Ministry.Finance Minister, Winston JordanJordan told Kaieteur News during an exclusive interview that he has been conducting several meetings with his staff about his immediate plans to improve the Ministry and indicated to them that he will keep them informed on his long terms plans.“I would like to see or have a “forensic”,Cheap Huarache Shoes For Men, if you want to use that word,Air Max 1 Atmos, “forensic audit” of the staff. What I mean to find out is the competencies and capabilities of the staff. I would like us to be doing more analytical work in the Ministry,” the Finance Minister added.The Ministry of Finance would normally publish a half year and end of year report which shows the performance of the economy in certain areas. But Jordan wants to go beyond this.To improve accountability and the performance of the Ministry,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys, he plans to offer the public quarterly reports on the state of the economy and monthly reports when it can be done.Jordan said that it is going to be a comprehensive document which will see the Finance Ministry reporting on the major areas supporting the economy. He believes that the timely provision of these reports will give the public more confidence over how their monies are being spent and also help to support the plans of the business community.He added,cheap nfl jerseys online, “I want accountability in the ministry. I want managers being made accountable for results. I like to see management by results. I want a place where people can come to work and you know that you are achieving something. I have spoken to the key persons here already and I will be doing more with the ministry.”“In terms of accountability, I want staff being assessed. Years ago, we used to assess staff for increment but that must not be the only basis for which we assess staff. Staff must know beforehand that they would be assessed, maybe twice a year but I will take once a year for the time being. They must know that they will be assessed and we must receive progress reports on what they have been doing.”The Finance Minister said that he wants to see this done and used as basis for promotion and other rewards. He opined that the senior employees seem extremely eager about the prospect of being assessed annually.He also wants the Ministry of Finance to start the timely production of Annual Reports.“I don’t know when last we produced an Annual Report and I would like to see that. It will be a good step in the right direction in solving all the accountability issues. It will tell the taxpayers what we have been doing with their monies and all the other agencies under my remit will have to bring in their reports on time. We are going to get very serious here. I don’t see why we are spending money and the public is not in the know. That has to change.”As for the national budget, Jordan said that this is due three months after Parliament reconvenes. He will take his cue when this occurs.For the time being,Cheap NFL Jerseys, he has spoken with senior officers at the Finance Ministry in providing a macro picture of where the country is. He said that the team is also working on ascertaining where the Gross Domestic Product is and what it would mean for the APNU+AFC’s commitment within a 100 day of being in government.President David Granger had said that his government is committed to inclusionary democracy and it will invite the People’s Progressive Party (PPP) to discussions on the budget preparation process.Granger said, “We will ensure we don’t have the car crashes we saw in the Tenth Parliament. We will invite them (PPP) to talk on the budget and make their input. I am not shutting out anyone because they did that to us. I am finished with the fighting. That is history.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 17:54 , Processed in 0.074016 second(s), 28 queries .