2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-23 06:35:37 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"It didn't quite respond the way we had hoped, and sitting down with doctors over the last couple of days, we decided that it was certainly too much of a risk at this time," Pitta said.
Pitta caught a touchdown pass in the Super Bowl following an outstanding 2012 regular season in which he had 61 receptions for 669 yards and seven TDs. He fractured and dislocated his hip on the first day of training camp the following July and played in only the last four games.
He emphasized the last three words, because the 30-year-old is not ready to call it quits.
Pitta said during the past three week there were "things — both on and off the field — that weren't feeling right,Wholesale Jerseys USA." He considered long and hard about playing through the pain before finally adhering to the advice of physicians.
"I think no player wants to play their last play getting carted off the field," Pitta said. "I'll continue to work, and hopefully that won't be the end of the story."
Pitta will stick around to make sure they keep on improving,Clark Griswold Jersey.
"Obviously, they have a lot to learn and a lot of growth in front of them,Cheap NFL Jerseys China," Harbaugh said. "Dennis has been already there with them throughout, and my understanding is I've asked him to continue to be here with them throughout the season, every day. I believe he's going to do that."
"Obviously, I'm not playing right now because the risk is high," Pitta said. "But I'm a football player and that's what I've always wanted to do. ... I feel a sense of duty to be able to go out there and help my team, and I love football. I love competing and I love playing at the highest level. It's something I don't feel like I'm ready to give up."
OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP) — On the advice of doctors, Dennis Pitta reluctantly abandoned hope of playing for the Baltimore Ravens this season.
Ravens coach John Harbaugh wore a grim look as he considered what Pitta went through in an effort to be part of a team that has struggled this year in his absence,NFL Jerseys Wholesale.
Next year, however,Wholesale Jerseys China, is still on the table.
Understanding that Pitta would have difficulty of returning after a second hip surgery, the Ravens drafted two tight ends in 2015 — Maxx Williams and Nick Boyle. Along with second-year pro Crockett Gillmore, the trio has combined for 43 catches this year.

The Ravens announced Wednesday that Pitta would be placed on injured reserve,NFL Jerseys Wholesale, a decision that came after his personal physicians and team doctors deemed it unsafe for the tight end to return from right hip surgery.
Pitta got off to a good start in 2014 before again dislocating his hip in Week 3. He finally returned to the practice field three weeks ago, but his hopes of joining the active roster have been dashed.
"Obviously, I really want to play. This is what I feel like I want to do and should do," Pitta said. "It's difficult for me, accepting the fact that I won't be out there this season."
"It's great to have a guy like that you know you can go to, and you know what he's going to do," Flacco said. "He's going to be in the right spot, he's going to win and he's going to catch the ball. When you have a guy like that on the field with you, it makes your job a little easier."
"You had hopes. I was hoping he'd be able to play, and to see him come out here (in practice) and really perform well, that part of it was a plus," Harbaugh said. "But the other thing that overrides that is the fact that we want what's best for the player. His safety and going forward as far as quality of life overrides all. It's not really close."
When Pitta was healthy, he was a favorite target of Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco. During the 2012 postseason, the 6-foot-4, 245-pounder had 14 catches for 163 yards and three scores.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 19:32 , Processed in 0.070162 second(s), 26 queries .