2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-24 03:21:23 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Carter had five interceptions as an outside linebacker with the Dallas Cowboys in 2014. The Bucs signed him in free agency with expectations that the fifth-year pro would be able to make a smooth transition to the middle.
Defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier has been impressed with how Alexander studies and prepares.
"He's there because we feel like he can make plays like that. ... I think every day you are going to see him doing something better,Wholesale Authentic NFL Jerseys," Smith said.  "He has big play ability."
Smith said moving Alexander into the starting defense after the rookie's strong performance in the preseason opener at Minnesota is more a reflection of how the rookie is playing rather than any dissatisfaction with Carter, who's now competing with Danny Lansanah for the starting spot at strongside linebacker.
"It's a blessing just to be with the ones. It's my dream. I wanted to come up here and start," Alexander said. "I'm still trying to start, because the (final) decision is not made. I'm just out here working, trying to grind and get better and better every day."
Smith isn't fazed by the prospect of having to depend on young players at key positions.
Alexander was an all-SEC selection last season and decided to turn pro with one year of eligibility remaining to pursue a goal he's had since growing up in Oxford, Alabama, where he was rated the second-best high school prospect in Alabama behind Jameis Winston, now a fellow rookie with the Buccaneers.
The rookie has worked both inside and outside in camp and believes he's capable of playing either position.
TAMPA,Cheap Jerseys From China, Fla. (AP) — Rookie Kwon Alexander has done more than create a good first impression in training camp with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The fourth- round draft pick of out of LSU has played his way into the starting middle linebacker job.

Winston, the No. 1 overall pick in the draft, won the quarterback job even before taking a snap in training camp. Second-round selections Donovan Smith and Ali Marpet are projected starters on the offensive line.
Alexander, who turned 21 on the third day of camp, is also playing with a bit of chip on his shoulder. He left LSU after his junior season, expecting to be drafted earlier than the fourth round and is determined to prove he's better than that.
The 6-foot-1, 227-pound Alexander considers himself a good fit for Tampa Bay's defense. The Bucs say he's a good athlete who's shown he's a dependable tackler who also has the potential to excel in pass coverage.
"It's just left to us as coaches to stimulate that process of catching them up," Smith said.
The regular-season opener is more than three weeks away, however, coach Lovie Smith already has seen enough of Alexander to move him ahead of veteran Bruce Carter on the depth chart.
It didn't take the young linebacker long to show why the Bucs feel like he has a promising future, forcing a fumble during an 11-on-11 drill and scooping up the loose ball before running back Charles Sims could react.
"Wherever coach wants me to play,Womens Nike Free Run, I'm going to play. But the middle is harder because you're the key of the defense. You've got to call everything out so everybody knows their roles," Alexander said.
"From the point that we put pads on, we've improvement all the way through,China NFL Jerseys," Frazier said, adding the rookie's versatility will help the Bucs.
"What happens when you make plays? You get an opportunity to get more plays," the coach said.
Alexander played 32 snaps against the Vikings on Saturday night, finishing with four tackles. He began working with the first team defense when practice resumed this week.
"If you are the best guy,China Jerseys Free Shipping, it doesn't matter if you are a rookie or whatever, we'll play you right away," the coach added. "But you have to do that a little bit for people to believe it. I think the guys believe it around here."
If Alexander remains atop the depth chart, he could be one of four rookies starting for Tampa Bay when the regular season opens against Tennessee.
At the same time, he's trying to keep his promotion to starter in perspective.
"The thing that's impressed us is his ability to play man coverage. He's not just a guy who can drop in zone," Frazier added. "We think we will be able to match him up sometimes on tight ends and running backs as well. That's always a plus the way people spread you out today in the NFL."
"Me and Kwon have known each other since our sophomore year,Air Max 97 For Sale Cheap, just because Alabama kids know each other. That's definitely a football state," Winston said. "He's an amazing player. Back then, he was a little skinnier just like me, but he always was able to fly to the ball and make great plays."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 15:12 , Processed in 0.063784 second(s), 26 queries .