2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-24 08:35:27 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The 25-year-old Moody cherishes everything he learned from five-time All-Pro Willis, who walked away in March in a surprising decision.
Moody knew exactly what he was doing with those football moves as one of the fastest and strongest kids in his school.
Moody was a sixth-round draft pick in 2013 and has made just two starts in his 20 career games. The gains have come with increased practice repetitions this camp after months of working on his craft.
When children came in from recess crying or with visible bruises courtesy of Moody's roughhousing, football would be banned for a while. It happened again and again during his years at The Meadowbrook School in Abington, a Philadelphia suburb.
Gaines saw it years ago. He refers to "That Nick Moody Look," for a young man whom the teacher rarely saw smile aside from one memorable moment. Moody played Casey in a performance of the poem "Casey at the Bat" and it came to the line "a smile on Casey's face." After refusing to smile through the rehearsals, he finally did so when it mattered.
"I've shown my speed and athleticism but I think the biggest thing is showing my discipline within the scheme and being able to take those same fundamentals and apply them to an actual plan," he said.
NOTES: OLB Aaron Lynch participated in full team drills for the first time in training camp since sustaining hamstring and back injuries during the offseason program. ... DB Jimmie Ward, the team's first-round pick from 2014, also participated in team drills for the first time after spending the offseason recovering from foot surgery. . RB Kendall Hunter appeared in full team drills for the first time since sustaining an ACL tear last August. ... DT Glenn Dorsey (muscle strain), WR Bruce Ellington (muscle strain) and LB Philip Wheeler (muscle strain) missed Tuesday's practice.
In fact, some of Moody's veteran teammates asked him on Day 1 in pads whether he was going to "bull rush."
With his first extensive and consistent playing time as he begins his third NFL season, Moody will be counted upon in a far greater role.
Moody notes he has demonstrated "that I can accept coaching."
Defensive coordinator Eric Mangini wants to see Moody translate all of his work to the field on game day,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys.
"He rarely smiled at school," Gaines said. "He was a pretty good student. He just had that look, just a straight face."
And across the country at The Meadowbrook School, those who remember the hard-nosed kid are hoping Moody shines.
"He's had the best offseason I've seen of anybody," defensive lineman Darnell Dockett said. "He's the first one in and the last one to leave. He's asking questions and doing things outside of football to take care of his body. I think that when you've been in an organization with NaVorro Bowman and Patrick Willis, you think, 'Why not him?' ... I told him that the sky is the limit for him."
He certainly plays the part of fierce defender.
"He always taught me,Wholesale Basketball Jerseys, don't let outside things get to you, if something is bothering you don't be so outward about it, obvious with body language. Body language says a lot,Cheap Nike Air Max 90 Online," Moody said. "He always told me to just keep faith, harp on the fundamentals and study stuff, and it'll all come together."
"He would hip-check a kid and the kid would go flying," Gaines, Moody's sixth-grade teacher,Wholesale Jerseys, recalled by phone Tuesday. "We would ban it again when he would knock over a couple of kids. He would stiff-arm, and his moves in general, the kids couldn't handle that kind of thing."

"We're rooting for him, of course," Gaines said.
That hard-hitting nature still defines Moody as an inside linebacker for the San Francisco 49ers looking to follow in the footsteps of retired star Patrick Willis as he competes for a starting job this training camp.
Nobody questions the raw talent and athleticism — and that speed that showed itself back at Meadowbrook. Moody played both safety and linebacker at Florida State.
"From his growth from last year to right now, from an ability to run the defense,Cheap Jerseys Online, to see what the offense is doing, his work ethic, I've really been happy with Nick's development," Mangini said.
"On the playground my elementary school actually banned football because we would hit too much, and that was probably because of me," Moody said. "I've just always liked contact, since I was a little kid,Cheap Jordan Sneakers Wholesale, so it's fun to me. That's the fun part of football."
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — Joe Gaines and other teachers at Nick Moody's elementary school used to regularly pull the boy aside and remind him that physical stiff-arms and hip-checks on the playground could really hurt others.
All spring, 49ers coach Jim Tomsula mentioned Moody as one of the bright spots of the offseason for his strides and discipline learning the linebacker position.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 00:24 , Processed in 0.066836 second(s), 26 queries .