2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-25 08:00:04 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"There are a number of things we've got to work on cleaning up and there's a sense of urgency, obviously, to get those things corrected or we'll have the same type of result," Payton said,Anthony Steen Dolphins Jersey, expressing concerns about penalties, turnovers and other miscues his team committed.
"It's early right now. Today's the day after (the injury),Cheap NBA Jerseys China," Payton said when asked if he'd consider resting Brees this Sunday at Carolina. "Certainly we'll do the best thing for him and where he's at."
Brees was in the locker room Monday when it was open to reporters. He usually does not do interviews on Mondays and that was again the case. His outward appearance in the locker room offered no hint at anything unusual, but on Sunday he had acknowledged that one of the hits he took hurt his throwing shoulder and probably affected him on some throws.
"Drew's a warrior," the receiver added. "He's going to do everything in his power to make sure he's ready to go. He's just that type of guy. He's been doing this for a long time and he knows how to do it."

Payton also was critical of New Orleans' special teams play, particularly a 37-yard kickoff return late in the first half that set up a Bucs score. Additionally, first-year kicker Zach Hocker missed a 42-yard field goal and had an extra point blocked.
"The penalty number bothers me," Payton said, adding that he thought the game included a "good crew" of officials. "I didn't see a lot of calls where all of a sudden I'm on the phone with the league office wondering what just happened."
The running game,Wholesale NFL Jerseys Authentic, Payton said, was inconsistent,Nike Air Max 97 Order Online, leading to more difficult third-down situations.
"Obviously, I saw he wasn't putting a lot of zip on the ball down the field, like past 30 yards," Snead said of the Saints' 36-year-old quarterback.
METAIRIE, La. (AP) — Saints coach Sean Payton isn't ready to say whether he expects Drew Brees to miss snaps because of a hit he took to his throwing arm.
At the same time,Cheap Jerseys Online, Payton said he wasn't worried about fracturing in the locker room, calling his players "grown men" who appear committed to evaluating their performances fairly and making corrections.
"That's going to be important for us," Payton said. "Our first and second down efficiency (Sunday) wasn't real good at all."
Notes: Defensive tackle Akiem Hicks said he was benched in the third quarter,Wholesale NFL Jerseys Online, but had not yet had a chance to sit down with Payton and discuss why. Payton, however, thought the term "benched," was a little strong. "Rotating a defensive lineman is pretty common," Payton said. "After we did that, we had pretty good production defensively — in fact, very good. ... A lot of defensive linemen are going to play for our team."
Brees, who hasn't missed a start because of injury since joining the Saints in 2006, never left Sunday's 26-19 loss to Tampa Bay. He didn't play to his usual standard of 300-plus yards and multiple touchdowns. He passed for 255 yards and one touchdown. His 16-yard scoring pass to first-year receiver Willie Snead came in the fourth quarter, well after Brees' right shoulder injury in the second quarter.
The health of New Orleans' all-time passer is but one of many matters Payton has to address as he tries to correct the myriad mistakes that have contributed to an 0-2 start. That much, the coach made clear.
But on shorter throws, Snead said, "I felt like he was putting a lot of velocity on the ball. I didn't really see a difference. But I could tell his arm was hurting. Hopefully he's OK.
The Saints were penalized 10 times for 115 yards, and Payton noted that there were more flags against his team which were declined.
"From a grand scheme of things, look, we've got this roster right now and Clark Kent's not walking in the door," Payton said. "We've got to clean up some of the mistakes that are keeping us from winning games."
Then there was the beating that Brees took. He was sacked four times and Payton noted that Brees was hit as he threw "too many times."
As for the turnovers, two came on fumbles, and Payton said he had specifically warned his players last week to focus on ball security because Bucs coach Lovie Smith has long coached defenses that are proficient at forcing fumbles.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 08:17 , Processed in 0.073967 second(s), 28 queries .