2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-26 04:30:59 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Instantly recognizable by his bulging belly and long locks, Ryan can appear arrogant and brash at times. He says his father, Buddy Ryan, was the best defensive coach in the game. He unleashes profanity-laced outbursts during practice. He says he always knew he was a "great coach" and that he'll never get outworked.
"Players love that kind of stuff," Fujita said, adding that Ryan would often take the blame for placing that player in a disadvantageous spot.
"When people want to give me that opportunity, that will be great,Air Max 97 Gold," Ryan said. "Until then,Cheap NFL Jerseys Stitched, I want to whip ass and be a great assistant."
"He likes to boast that no one watches more film, but I can't tell you how many times I came into the facility at 6 a.m. and he's got on the same shirt from the day before,Cheap Jerseys, all stretched out, nacho cheese marks still around the collar," Fujita said. "He literally was in his office all night."
Last year provided proof that Ryan's way can work. The Saints, who in 2012 were the NFL's last-ranked defense, climbed to fourth in Ryan's first season.
When Ryan was overseeing defenses for eight straight non-playoff teams in Oakland, Cleveland and Dallas, the knock on him was that his players sometimes struggled with the various pre-snap adjustments his defense requires. He also routinely asks players to line up in a number of different positions in a single game.
In his second season, the expectation by those who know Ryan well is that he'll push his players to learn and do more.
Ryan's success with the Saints, combined with his periodic appearances at neighborhood bars and local festivals,Air Max 90 Black Leather, has made him a huge hit in the Big Easy with players and fans alike.
In more intimate settings,Nike NFL Jerseys China, Ryan is known as an engaging, funny and passionate communicator, much like his twin brother,Wholesale China Jerseys, Rex, the head coach of the New York Jets.
Ever since head coach Sean Payton took over as head coach in 2006, Saints scouts have put a premium on players' abilities to process information and translate that to assignment-sound football.
Notes: CB Champ Bailey (undisclosed injury) returned to practice on a limited basis, sitting out full-speed, 11-on-11 portions. ... QB Drew Brees, recovering from a strained left oblique muscle, showed up at Tuesday morning's practice in pads, but continued to work out on his own under a trainer's watch, as he has since last week. He then participated in a walk-through in the afternoon, the first time he has done so July 31.
In his three previous stops, Ryan took over defenses ranked 30th (Oakland), 26th (Cleveland) and 23rd (Dallas), "So I wasn't exactly taking over first-ranked defenses like a lot of people," Ryan said. "I'm not scared of a challenge. I appreciate it. I know I'm a good coach and there's a reason why every year I get hired."
The Saints have shown they value players who can compensate for a perceived lack of speed or size with anticipation and proper reads.
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, W.Va. (AP) — New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator Rob Ryan shows as much interest in simplifying his notoriously complex schemes as he shows in cutting his long silver hair.
Last season, Ryan's first in New Orleans, he asked Kenny Vaccaro, then a rookie safety, to play not only both safety spots, but also to handle some cornerback and linebacker responsibilities.
"He always has the player's back," Vaccaro added. "He gives us the reins ... and he constantly stresses that players make his scheme."
"Being that this is Year 2 ... I would expect him to expand a lot more, which is going to keep people constantly guessing," said retired NFL linebacker Scott Fujita, who played for Ryan in Cleveland.
Fujita recalls Ryan getting teary-eyed in locker or meeting rooms when talking about the effort of a particular player who may have struggled in a recent game.
"We don't coach a brain-dead scheme," Ryan told The Associated Press on Tuesday during training camp at The Greenbrier resort. "We're going to coach good football and whatever our players can handle, that's what I'm going to give them."
Ryan said his defenses could work on any team, but stressed that the Saints provided "definitely the right environment" for him to thrive.

Perhaps a head coaching opportunity is on the horizon, but Ryan doesn't sound bothered by the fact he wasn't considered for one after last season.
"I love New Orleans, and it just happens to be an awesome city and they seem to appreciate just a good guy," Ryan said.
"We had a really smart group" last season, Ryan said. "Most people don't play nickel as much as we did. That really takes extra coaching and I wouldn't say we dialed anything back for that group — but I've definitely dialed it back before for other teams."
Vaccaro said Ryan "cares about his players more than anyone I've ever been around in my whole life."
"He put me in six positions and helped me pick it up," Vaccaro said, adding that players who characterize Ryan's schemes as too complicated could be making excuses for their own failures. "He provides us with the knowledge. ... We can get his scheme."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-22 00:41 , Processed in 0.069603 second(s), 28 queries .