10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2016-12-30 10:28:39 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Radio Metal recently conducted an interview with vocalist Denis "Snake" Blanger of Canadian metal innovators VOIVOD. An excerpt from the chat follows below.Radio Metal: Not too long ago, a year or two, you said that you weren't sure you were going to continue under the name VOIVOD without [late VOIVOD guitarist] Piggy [Denis D'Amour]. Where are you at with that now? Will the next album come out as a VOIVOD album?Snake: Yes, we're working on an album and we're going to keep the name VOIVOD. We asked ourselves that question when we were starting over, and there were a lot of  "ifs" and "maybes." But ever since we reformed with this lineup, we really enjoy doing what we do. I think Piggy would've wanted us to keep on going, so that's what we're doing. We don't know how to do anything else than what we're doing, so we might as well keep on going! (laughs) With the album we're working on right now, there [is] new stuff [already written]. Lately, what we have been releasing is songs with Piggy on them. This is going to be the first one without Piggy. Dan [new guitarist Daniel "Chewy" Mongrain] and [bassist] Blacky [Jean-Yves Thriault] write most of the structures, and it's going to be really cool. It's VOIVOD and it's new. A lot of Piggy's touches are still here; I don't really know where they're coming from,NFL Jerseys China, but there are bits where you can recognize him. They're little winks. Piggy's there in our approach and everything. It feels strong, it feels like a renewal of VOIVOD. I can't wait to start recording. Actually, we are supposed to start recording in January. Right now I'm working on the lyrics, doing some pre-production to get ready for January.Radio Metal: You're saying that Piggy is still there, in the writing of the songs, even if he's not writing them himself. Don't you think that to finish mourning and to move on, you should turn the page and stop thinking about him when you're writing songs?Snake: I think the page is being turned. Mourning takes time, and as you said, we talked about Piggy a lot with the other albums because he was still part of them, he was actually on the albums so we had to talk about it. Now it's different. Anyway, Daniel has his own view of things, his own style,China NFL Jerseys, and I think that'll bring something new in the band. When I'm talking about winks, I'm thinking about some sounds, some effects, a little bit in the approach, there are still some of Piggy's dissonant chords, but these are entirely different songs, with a different guitarist, it comes from another mind so it'll be something else. When it comes to the style itself, VOIVOD fans will recognize it; they'll notice it's not a completely different band.Radio Metal: Don't you think Daniel could feel like he's stuck in Piggy's shadow? Maybe in general or from comments from fans?Snake: I haven't seen anything like that. I was expecting it, because there are always whiners or people who are going to criticize. But what can you do about it? Piggy is gone, we can't change that. Then if someone were to criticize Dan Mongrain's work He would really need some guts, because I don't know anyone who could do it and do it right. We didn't have a single negative comment. Most of the time it's, "My God! I wasn't expecting that, how well Dan can reproduce the songs!" Everyone's just blown away. I think people are with us in this weirdish adventure called VOIVOD. We've had some ups and downs. It was a tragedy, really,Chieap Jerseys NFL, but people support us and understand our situation, they understand that we're doing everything we can to go on,China Jerseys, so it's for the greater good.Radio Metal: As you earlier, Piggy had a really unique style. It's true that his playing almost made the band's identity, and it's true that Dan manages to play the songs live right, but composing in VOIVOD's style is something else entirely. Do you think he pulled it off?Snake: Yes, what he shows me sounds right. He manages to put everything into perspective. I don't know how to explain it. Over the years, we learned to know each other on tour. He knows exactly what musical direction we want to take for the next album, there's no doubt about that. I think the direction we're taking is the best. I'm sure that when the album will come out, there will be all kinds of criticism, and I hope most of them are going to be positive, but come will probably say that he's not Piggy. I'm expecting anything but as a band and as a composer, I think he's following the right path, he understands where to go and how to get there.Radio Metal: It's true that VOIVOD has followed different musical directions. Should we expect a more complex style, kind of like you did on the old albums like "Killing Technology", or should we expect a more direct punk/rock approach like on the latest albums you did?Snake: I'm thinking more about albums like "Dimension Hatross", "Killing Technology", "Nothingface". I think it'll sound more like those rather than the latest ones which were more straight-forward rock. We have some seven-minute songs with several musical parts, so there's a link towards a "Dimension Hatross" album, a "Killing Technology" album or a "Nothingface", so I think the fans of those albums will be positively surprised by the next one.Read the entire interview from Radio Metal.Fan-filmed video footage of VOIVOD performing a brand new song, "Kaleidos", on April 15, 2011 at Roadburn festival in Tilburg, Holland can be seen below.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 11:42 , Processed in 0.068559 second(s), 26 queries .