2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-26 13:23:28 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Mitchell looks forward to developing a close rapport with Steelers safety Troy Polamalu,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, considered one of the best at his position. Polamalu and Clark were close friends and the chemistry carried onto the field where the two played together for eight seasons, helping the Steelers reach two Super Bowls and win a championship.
"I have no idea," Mitchell said. "That's up to coach."
"Troy is a great professional," Mitchell said. "I know the playbook very well. We talk every day in meetings and I think our relationship is getting better every single day. When you have one of the best safeties in the league to play with,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, your job isn't that hard."
Mitchell, who was fined five times in 2013 for various infractions, plans to tone it down some, at least in the preseason.
Mitchell didn't panic, exactly, but there was a sense of relief when he was activated from the physically unable to perform list on Monday, allowing him to put on the pads for the first time since he signed with the Steelers as a free agent in March.
Now Mitchell is ready to do his job, stepping in as a starting safety for the Steelers.
LATROBE, Pa. (AP) — Mike Mitchell prides himself on being reliable.
"I don't have the same intentions that I would necessarily have in a (regular) game," Mitchell said.
The Steelers made Mitchell a priority in the offseason, reeling him in with a five-year, $25-million contract on the first day of free agency. The early injury setback frustrated Mitchell, who was eager to make a strong first impression.
"It's just training camp, but it does feel good to be healthy and to be able to play again," Mitchell said. "You kind of feel like something has been taken away from you. So to get that back, it does feel good."
"I want to come out here and earn it with my brothers every day," Mitchell said. "To see them, they're all banged up, and how sore they are ... I want to feel that way too. You kind of feel like you're letting everyone down when you can't practice."
"He's highly athletic,Deion Sanders Falcons Jersey, but we want to see what Mike does for us,Cheap Jerseys From China," Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor said. "Like coach says, your tape is your walking, talking, breathing resume. Of course we saw what he did and I'm sure we got him for a reason. I have expectations. I just want to see what he can do for us."
Mitchell hopes for similar results with Polamalu.
Mitchell, who wouldn't reveal how he got hurt, had never dealt with a groin injury in his career. And while he didn't report any lingering discomfort, Mitchell isn't sure if he will play in the team's first preseason game Saturday at the New York Giants.
The 27-year-old Mitchell enjoyed a breakout season last year on a Carolina Panthers defense that ranked second in the league in yards allowed. Mitchell started a career-best 14 games and set personal highs with 74 tackles, 3.5 sacks, four interceptions and a pair of forced fumbles.
So it bothered the Pittsburgh Steelers safety when he wasn't able to practice with his new teammates because of a groin injury that sidelined the five-year veteran during the first week of training camp.
The heavy-hitting Mitchell, who also spent four seasons in Oakland, was brought in to replace 34-year-old veteran Ryan Clark, now in Washington. Mitchell,China NFL Jerseys, expected to add an element of speed and physicality, was a key piece of an offseason revamp for a once-aging defense that finished No. 15 overall in 2013.
"It's good just to practice and earn my keep," Mitchell said.
NOTES: First-round pick LB Ryan Shazier (knee), C Maurkice Pouncey, NT Steve McLendon, WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, and LB Jarvis Jones (groin) missed practice with what coach Mike Tomlin described as "minor issues." Taylor was given the day off. ... The Steelers, who capped a stretch of six straight practices on Monday,Cheap Jerseys Online, are off Tuesday.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 23:06 , Processed in 0.076957 second(s), 28 queries .