2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-26 20:51:22 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The former first-round pick made a compelling argument during training camp, making contributions on special teams and catching a team-high nine passes for 98 yards during Pittsburgh's 1-3 preseason.
Wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey is hoping he won't have to polish his up when rosters are trimmed to 53 players on Saturday.
PITTSBURGH (AP) — One of Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin's pet phrases is: "Your tape is your resume,Jordan Sneakers Wholesale."
The Steelers won't exactly head into the opener against Cleveland on Sept. 7 with momentum after ending the preseason with a pair of duds. Though most of the regulars emerged from August healthy, rookie wide receiver Martavis Bryant sprained his right shoulder on Thursday and his immediate status is unclear. That uncertainty is probably good news for Heyward-Bey but perhaps not for Jones. The games start counting for real in less than 10 days and Pittsburgh has needs in several other areas besides a position where franchise cornerstone Ben Roethlisberger is coming off a season in which he took every offensive snap.
Asked late Thursday night if he's ready to make a decision on whether the Steelers can afford the luxury of carrying three quarterbacks, Tomlin wasn't exactly effusive.
"I'm not confident of anything right now in that regard,Wholesale Jerseys," he said. "I'll look at the tape and we'll make appropriate decisions based on performance."
Jones felt he did some good things but didn't exactly impress Tomlin.
"I just went out there with the mindset of getting better each and every day, dealing with the coaching staff and I think that's a good way to go about it," Heyward-Bey said. "I think that's a good way to go about it because you don't stress about it."
"This business,Undefeated Air Max 97 Australia, being cut, staying here, that's so far out of my control I don't even like thinking about it,Marshon Lattimore Jersey," Jones said.

It's unclear if third-string quarterback Landry Jones can say the same. A fourth-round pick last spring, the former Oklahoma star looked much improved in practice but couldn't seem to make that success translate under the lights. Jones went 14 of 19 for 97 yards in Thursday night's 10-0 loss to the Panthers and failed to lead the Steelers into field-goal range.
Heyward-Bey missed time early in camp with concussion-like symptoms and fell into a competition with Derek Moye and Justin Brown for playing time with the second unit. He started to flourish during joint practices with the Buffalo Bills two weeks ago, putting together an 85-yard touchdown catch-and-run that showcased the dazzling quickness that has only shown itself occasionally during five uneven years in the league. Six catches in the preseason finale against Carolina on Thursday night followed.
"That's the plan,NFL Jerseys China, you want to get better each and every day, each and every game,NFL Jerseys China," he said. "I think I've done that."
The Steelers signed Heyward-Bey to a one-year contract in March hoping they could succeed where Oakland and Indianapolis failed. The speedy seventh overall pick in the 2009 draft has failed to live up to expectations, spending four unimpressive seasons with the Raiders before catching 29 passes a year ago for the Colts.
Heyward-Bey is fighting for a spot behind Pro Bowler Antonio Brown, second-year prospect Markus Wheaton and veteran Lance Moore on the depth chart and seemed to get better as he grew more familiar with offensive coordinator Todd Haley's multi-faceted approach.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 03:23 , Processed in 0.067035 second(s), 26 queries .