2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-27 13:25:28 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
There will be plenty of challenges for the new regime, particularly following a 4-12 season and a fourth straight year without making the playoffs.
But the Jets hold the No. 6 pick in the draft, and they could opt to upgrade the position there — although Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston could be gone before New York goes on the clock. Or, the Jets could try to bring in a veteran to compete with Smith, but the free agency crop could be thin.
With Rex Ryan and John Idzik out, the team is moving quickly to line up interviews for candidates to be their next coach and general manager. Former NFL general managers Ron Wolf and Charley Casserly have been hired as consultants, and Johnson and the Jets are running concurrent searches for both positions.
"We've got to make some good decisions,Discount NFL Jerseys," Johnson said. "We have to structure it properly. We have to know exactly what we're looking for in a head coach and how he defines what he's looking for, and same with a general manager."
"I believe in myself,Cheap Jeseys NFL, I have faith in myself and confidence that I can be a starter in this league," Smith said. "But it comes down to me being more consistent obviously, doing a lot better of a job down the stretch of games and winning games."
Star defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson expected a new contract by now after a solid fourth season, but the Jets exercised a fifth-year option last spring.
Meanwhile, the list of candidates to replace Ryan seems to keep growing, with the Jets also requesting permission to speak with Arizona defensive coach Todd Bowles, Baltimore offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak, and San Diego offensive coordinator Frank Reich. Jets running backs coach Anthony Lynn, who also served as assistant head coach under Ryan, is expected to receive an interview.
"I really think he can be good," Johnson said.
"I'm relying on a lot of people," Johnson said Monday. "The three of us will be leading this search, but I've always been open to ideas and discussion."
The new GM will also need to determine whether wide receiver Percy Harvin, a midseason acquisition,Cheap Jerseys, is worth a $10.5 million cap hit. The team's two longest-tenured players — left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson ($11.7 million) and center Nick Mangold ($10.4 million) — also could be asked to restructure because of hefty cap hits.
"I think I'm going to ultimately be the one who hires the coach, but I will certainly listen to the new general manager," Johnson said. "If that comes first, I'll definitely do that."
The new general manager will come into a good salary cap situation, as Idzik got the Jets about $20 million under the cap — but was heavily criticized for not making use of it. That issue was magnified as New York struggled mightily at the cornerback position, which will also need to be a priority.
NEW YORK (AP) — The search is on for Woody Johnson and the New York Jets.

The defending Super Bowl champion Seahawks earned a first-round bye in the NFC playoffs, so the Jets are able to interview members of their organization.
In addition to Kirchner, the Jets have requested to speak with Baltimore assistant general manager Eric DeCosta, Minnesota assistant GM George Paton, Philadelphia director of pro personnel Rick Mueller, and Houston director of college scouting Mike Maccagnan.
"We didn't spend every dollar that we had, but (Idzik) had a plan for that,NFL Jerseys Wholesale," Johnson said. "We were going to sign players that we didn't get signed. So,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, we reserved it for that and maybe we should have spent more. Probably should have."
Smith got a somewhat surprising vote of confidence from Johnson, who said the young quarterback was "much, much better" in his last five games.
Johnson, Wolf and Casserly will fly out to Seattle this weekend to speak with Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn and offensive line coach-assistant head coach Tom Cable about the coaching position, and director of pro personnel Trent Kirchner about the GM job.
Rod Graves, the Jets' senior director of football administration, will be interviewed for the position. Graves, who was brought in by Idzik in 2013, was Arizona's general manager for six seasons. He'll oversee New York's football operations on an interim basis until a GM is hired.
New York has 14 players scheduled to be unrestricted free agents, including Vick, linebacker David Harris, running back Bilal Powell and right guard Willie Colon. Steady nose tackle Damon Harrison will be a restricted free agent, and is in line for a bigger deal.
The first order of business: What to do at the quarterback spot? Geno Smith mostly struggled through his second season, and was benched for three games in favor of Michael Vick. But, as he did last season, Smith came on at the end of the year, culminating in the best performance of his career in the season-ending win at Miami. He threw for a career-high 358 yards and three touchdowns,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, went 20 of 25 and had a perfect passer rating of 158.3.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 02:08 , Processed in 0.051009 second(s), 26 queries .