2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-27 21:36:36 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"The (veterans) help when I ask them to," Tuitt said. "At the same time they went their own way when they were rookies. Now it's time for me to learn my own way."
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Martavis Bryant can feel the urge to raise his hand whenever the Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver hears a member of the coaching staff talk about the team's need to become more aggressive in the red zone.
Finding balance between their own internal drive and their current place on the roster is difficult for Bryant, running back/wide receiver Dri Archer and defensive tackle Stephon Tuitt. While Bryant is still waiting for his first snap in a regular season game, Archer and Tuitt have found their way on to the field, just not as frequently as they would like.
"He's a good runner inside and out," Haley said. "He's got very good vision and he's putting the ball where it's supposed to go."
An ankle injury in the opener against the Browns has slowed Archer's progress. Taken in the third round because of his versatility and 4.27-second time in the 40-yard dash, Archer has yet to flash the explosiveness that made him one of the most dynamic players in the country during his college career at Kent State. Archer's five offensive touches have gone for a total of 13 yards and he's averaging just 16.3 yards on kickoff returns.

"I think about (speaking up) from time to time but at the same time it ain't going to get me nowhere,Authentic NFL Jerseys Wholesale," Bryant said. "It's going out and proving what you can do."
Bryant's got plenty of company. After spending most of the preseason talking about how vital first-year players will be in helping the Steelers (3-2) keep pace in the AFC North, only rookie linebacker Ryan Shazier has earned consistent playing time, and he's out indefinitely with a sprained right knee.
It's a phrase echoed by rookies up and down the roster. Measuring progress can be difficult. While Tuitt is making a case for more snaps behind veterans Steve McLendon and Cam Thomas, he says every good play highlighted by coaches is quickly followed by "the worst play" ever.
"I learn stuff by doing it, looking at the piece of paper and studying it," he said. "It's hard to stay on top of everything. I try to do the best I can,Jerseys Cheap NFL, at the same time I've got to learn my craft."
Even if it's not to the end zone. Archer stressed he's "just a young guy learning the process," one that includes watching and learning. While technically a running back, he's worked extensively with the wide receivers as Haley searches for ways to get Archer free in space. The big plays haven't happened yet, but Archer believes they're coming.
It's a streak that's unlikely to change heading into Sunday's game at Cleveland (2-2). Not playing when he's healthy is weird, but Bryant understands the dynamic. He's young, raw and stuck at the bottom of a depth chart behind more experienced players like Justin Brown and Darrius Heyward-Bey, both of whom are excellent blockers on special teams,Wholesale NFL Jerseys China, a skill Bryant is still developing.
"Everything is not a perfect Cinderella story,Cheap NFL Jerseys China," Bryant said. "I'm still a rookie. I'm just going to patiently wait and whatever happens,Stitched NFL Jerseys, happens. When my time comes I'll be ready and take advantage like I always do."
The goal is to find some consistency. Until that happens, he'll bide his time and put in the work. It's what the guys playing in front of him did to earn their spot. Now it's his turn to serve as an apprentice.
Offensive coordinator Todd Haley praised Archer's progress and blamed poor blocking as the culprit in why a pair of plays designed specifically for Archer failed in last week's sluggish 17-9 win over Jacksonville.
Yet the 6-foot-4 rookie stays quiet, even if his sizable frame would present the kind of matchup advantages the Steelers are looking for in tight spaces.
Five months after being taken in the fourth round of the draft to give quarterback Ben Roethlisberger the big target he's lacked since Plaxico Burress bolted nearly a decade ago, Bryant is still waiting for his chance. For the first time since he started playing football at age 6, Bryant spends his week on the scout team and Sundays watching from the sideline in sweat pants after being placed on the inactive list.
NOTES: Shazier practiced in a limited capacity Thursday,Wholesale NFL Jerseys China, his first since spraining the MCL in his right knee against Carolina last month. ... S Shamarko Thomas did not practice.
So does Bryant, even if it may not be until next year. A shoulder injury at the end of training camp didn't help matters. Relegated to the scout team, Bryant's only exposure to what the first team is doing comes during video sessions. He does his best to hit the books, but it's not the same as standing next to Roethlisberger in the huddle.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-8 05:53 , Processed in 0.073505 second(s), 28 queries .