4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-28 09:22:39 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Rabindra RooplallEighteen years after her son, Lindon Fitz-Donald Alleyne, was killed, 72-year-old Joan Corbin feels that she hasDead: Lindon Fitz-Donald Alleynereceived justice after hearing of the recent suicide of her son’s killer, Samuel LaFleur, a former Special Forces rank.La Fleur, of Lot 193 Back Road Prospect, East Bank Demerara, on Sunday placed a handgun into his mouth and shot himself after firing several shots at the neighbours’ house and injuring Oneika Lyttle. The injured woman was admitted to the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation. Police retrieved a handgun and several spent shells from the scene.Lindon Fitz-Donald Alleyne was only 30 when he was killed on January 19,Cheap Authentic Jerseys, 1996 by his fellow soldier, Samuel LaFleur while serving with the Caricom contingent of the United Nations peace-keeping forces in Haiti. This was just days before the Guyana contingent with the peace-keeping forces was due to return home at the end of a three-month assignment.The court martial, which was held at GDF Headquarters, Camp Ayanganna, heard that the crime was committed at a camp in the town of Les Cayes. LaFleur shot Alleyne several times with a Beretta while the victim was fleeing. It was alleged that LaFleur was drunk, and had threatened Alleyne the previous day. He was initially charged with murder, but later pleaded guilty to the lesser count of manslaughter. He was sentenced to 14 years’ imprisonment by Judge Advocate, the late Donald Robinson.“After all these years I got justice from Jehovah and not from man. My only son who was a father of seven, died while serving his country in Haiti. He was killed by an ignorant colleague.” Mrs. Corbin said.La leur was sentenced to 14 years unparoleable time at a court martial, which was held at GDF Headquarters, Camp Ayanganna.When asked if the state gave her any compensation, Mrs. Corbin said she will always remember former President Janet Jagan who assisted her with getting compensation after she was getting the royal run around from GDF after her son died on duty.Reflecting on how her son met his demise,Cheap China Jerseys, the mother of three said, “LaFleur did not spend his full time in CampDead: Samuel La FleurStreet prison; three years after he was sentenced my daughter-in-law saw him working at a businessman store and from since then he has been living a free life although he was sentenced to 14 years’ imprisonment after killing my son on January 19, 1996.”The mother lamented and explained what she was told from the court hearing and her son’s colleagues, “While working in Haiti my son who was a corporal in the GDF had an argument with LaFleur who was refused entry into an area by American soldiers because he did not have his ID card. LaFleur was a Lance Corporal and my son had told him that ‘when yal go anywhere you should walk with your ID card. LaFleur started to cuss up because he had a bad temper. My son turned to him and say boy why you don’t stop cursing before I cuff you in your mouth, which is soldiers talk. La leur then turned around and said I would kill you. My son left and went to his barracks.”She related further that later that night LaFleur returned to her son’s barracks and continued the argument “and my son reported the matter to his superiors because LaFleur was going on like his head ain’t good, but instead of his seniors locking him up,NFL Jerseys Clearance, he was left alone.“He later woke my 30-year-old son out of his sleep and ask him how you gon tek it, and he had this gun in his hand my son asked,’Man yo gon kill meh? I got meh children to live for. LaFleur told him I don’t give a f^&* about children. My son get up from his bed and then run around the tent,”Confirming that the story being told emanated from the court martial proceedings, Mrs. Corbin further said “LaFleur ran around the tent and shot the first bullet which hit her son in the head,NFL Jerseys Wholesale, the bullet ripped my sons face from the ear to the mouth,Wholesale Football Jerseys, because his face was stitched up when the body returned to Guyana. My son then fall and his foot hook onto the rope, and La Fleur emptied the entire gun with 11 bullets into my sons back!”She continued: “He never even spent three years in jail! From the time my son died to now I am a sick person. Last year I was almost on my death bed and I spent five weeks in hospital. But Sunday when I was sharing out magazines and doing my Jehovah witness work. When I came home I received a call and was told what happened to LaFleur and all day the phone kept ringing. He had done the crime and should have spent the full time.”Underscoring that it is said that when bad things happen that a person should not rejoice, well Mrs. Corbin said when she heard of LaFleur suicide an instant burden came off of her chest. “I now feel like I got justice. God spared my life for me to live to see that I get justice, and I am sorry he was able to shoot somebody else, but he won’t be killing anyone else.”On the fourteenth death anniversary her son, she said that LaFleur “had broken up his neighbours windows and neighbour came out and beat him severely and turned him over to the Providence Police Station. Man can do as much as he likes but not for as long as he likes.”“Every year I go to the cemetery and I clear the bushes and paint my son’s tomb. Everywhere I go I carry a picture of my son with me, all over my house has pictures of him.”According to Alleyne’s step-father, Charles Corbin, when he first heard the news of his stepson’s demise he was afraid to tell his wife after knowing how much she loved her son.With tears in his eyes,Cheap China Jerseys, Mr.Corbin said, “When I was at home sitting down wondering how to tell her what happened, (Retired Major General) Mr Joe Singh turned up by my gate with two soldiers,Cheap Jerseys China, and then I confirmed my worst belief…I hear a loud holler and I then knew my wife had heard, she dropped down on Mandela Avenue and was taken into a relative’s home nearby.”He added, “For years my wife cried every single night and watch her son’s photograph. There is no grief or animosity anymore because LaFleur is finished and now my wife is at rest.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 19:28 , Processed in 0.068066 second(s), 28 queries .