2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-28 20:25:49 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Chickillo hasn't played this light since his freshman year of college, but he said he feels better, faster and quicker. He believes it will give him a chance to showcase his pass-rushing ability, something he didn't get to do in Miami.
LATROBE,China NFL Jerseys, Pa. (AP) — Pittsburgh Steelers rookie linebacker Anthony Chickillo is looking to become the third member of his family to play in the NFL.
"I think you understand what this game brings and what opportunities go along with it, but at the same time, you set your own pressure," Heyward said. "You never want to be in anybody else's shadow."
Tampa Bay drafted Anthony's father, Tony Chickillo, in the fifth-round in 1983 and he spent two seasons playing defensive line for the San Diego Chargers and a year with the New York Jets.
"I'm just trying to become the best player I can be," Chickillo said. "Whatever they ask me to do, I'm just going to work really hard to do it."
He's off to a good start,Jerseys NFL Wholesale. Chickillo's relentless work ethic was on full display during training camp practices as he used his speed and slender 6-foot-3 frame to regularly rush past offensive tackles.
Steelers defensive end Cameron Heyward can relate as the son of the late Craig "Ironhead" Heyward, an NFL running back who spent an 11-year career playing for five different teams.
Coincidentally, Nick Chickillo, who passed away in 2000, spent a short time with the Steelers during training camp in the mid-1950s before his career ended.
"He's a pretty disciplined kid, losing the weight and getting down," Heyward said. "It's tough, especially coming from minicamp because there's not that much time. He played my position last year and now he's playing outside. You can tell he really wants to be part of this team."
"I just try to go hard,Cheap NBA Jerseys China," Chickillo said. "That's the only way you can play."
It showed during the offseason when Chickillo, at the behest of his coaches, dropped about 30 pounds, shedding the defensive lineman image for a lighter,Wholesale Jerseys China, quicker, 253-pound build designed to utilize his speed.
"It's cool to say that I'm doing what my dad did and what my grandfather did," Chickillo said. "It's a cool story, but I'm just trying to get better every day."
It's the only way Chickillo knows. And it may just be enough to help him become the third member of his family to play in the NFL.
NOTES: Second-round pick CB Senquez Golson said he took an MRI a week ago on his shoulder, injured during the team's minicamp. Options are season-ending surgery or rehabilitation and a return. ... S Robert Golden suffered what coach Mike Tomlin called 'a significant injury' to his leg during the team's two-minute drill.
Grandfather Nick Chickillo played the 1953 NFL season with the Chicago Cardinals.

Chickillo is described as a self-starter, a high-energy player with a live motor, which is good for the Steelers, who desire to reach the quarterback more frequently after totaling just 33 sacks in 2014, 26th in the league.
"Going into the draft process, a lot of teams didn't think I was athletic because of the way I was used in Miami,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, so I kind of have that chip on my shoulder," Chickillo said. "I want to go prove everybody wrong."
"You don't really think about what they did," the youngest Chickillo said. "I'm just trying to create my own memories and my own legacy."
"He's a good kid and he has good lineage behind him," Heyward said. "I just love the way he works,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, he's a hard worker, and I'm hoping that translates into a great player on the field."
Chickillo is well aware of his family lineage as he attempts to follow in the footsteps of his father and grandfather. He feels it's time to carve his own path in professional football.
Chickillo, a former Miami (Florida) standout, is one of the Steelers' two sixth-round picks. He's hoping to make the move from defensive end to outside linebacker.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 04:18 , Processed in 0.068488 second(s), 26 queries .