2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-3 20:57:54 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"I'm a big believer in individual rights and as I watched this play out in my own family and around Massachusetts and frankly around the country, I just came to believe that we should simply permit people who are in love to marry the people they are in love with," he added.
BOSTON (AP) — Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker and state Attorney General Maura Healey were among those joining in briefs filed Friday that urge the U.S. Supreme Court to strike down remaining state bans on gay marriage,Wholesale NFL Jerseys.
Baker,Cheap Jerseys, who took office Jan. 8, is the only sitting governor among a group of more than 300 prominent Republicans who signed on to a "friend of the court" brief in support of the plaintiffs.
The brief argued that existing state bans on gay marriage hurt legally married couples when their unions are not recognized across state lines.
Twelve states do not permit same-sex marriages or recognize those legally performed in other states, the attorney general said, and 21 honor same-sex marriages because they are required to by federal court decisions. The Supreme Court challenge specifically targets laws against gay marriage in four states — Kentucky,Cheap Authentic NFL Jerseys, Michigan,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, Ohio and Tennessee.
"Families worry that they are not going to be able to visit a loved one in the hospital, or worry that their relationship with their own children won't be honored in the same way as it is here in Massachusetts if they visit or move to another state," Healey said in an interview.
Healey had invited same-sex couples from Massachusetts to post on Facebook testimonials about how being able to get married had improved their lives.
The New England Patriots are among hundreds of U.S. businesses that also submitted a brief with the high court in support of allowing same-sex marriage nationwide.
Healey, a Democrat and the nation's first openly gay attorney general, led the filing of the brief on behalf of 16 states — including all six New England states — and the District of Columbia.
"I have a brother who is gay,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, he lives in Massachusetts, he's married,Wholesale Jerseys China," Baker said. The state was the first to legalize same-sex marriage, beginning in 2004.
The high court is scheduled to hear a case on April 28 that could decide whether same-sex couples can marry nationwide.
During a conference call with reporters, Baker said his own family experience led him to conclude that there was no moral or legal justification for states to prohibit gay marriage.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-25 00:21 , Processed in 0.064074 second(s), 26 queries .