2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-4 02:52:13 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Fired by the only NFL organization he's ever called home after going 22-26 as head coach from 2011-13, Munchak now finds himself preparing the Pittsburgh Steelers' offensive line to face a roster filled with players he either drafted, developed or both.

"When we make a mistake, he puts us out, sits us down and tries to correct the mistake and go out and execute so it's not so much about him trying to be the top dog around here," Beachum said. "He's just doing his job and keeping us level-headed at the same time."
"He's one of the reasons why I'm here, so I have a lot of respect for him what he's done in his past and what he's doing now," Levitre said.
The early results are promising. Pittsburgh has the NFL's fourth-ranked offense with Roethlisberger having an MVP-caliber year. Having time to work helps. Roethlisberger tossed 12 touchdowns over a two-game span, including a 522-yard performance against Indianapolis in which he dropped back to pass 49 times and wasn't sacked once.
"I know them, I know how they play," Munchak said. "You find yourself rooting for them a little bit except for this weekend."
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Mike Munchak will hop off a bus Monday night and walk into the covered depths at LP Field, much like he's done for the last 16 seasons.
Sorry, Munchak never bothered to figure out where the visitor's locker room was during his more than three decades with the Titans, first as a Hall of Fame offensive guard when the team played in Houston and was called the Oilers,NFL Jerseys From China, then as a member of the coaching staff as it transitioned to Nashville.
The feeling is mutual. Munchak allowed he still finds himself "rooting for (the Titans) a little bit" but will put it to the side when the Steelers (6-4) try to bounce back from an ugly loss to the New York Jets last week.
Even if keeping an even keel will be difficult while jogging out through the visitor's tunnel at a place he knows better than anyone, it'll be a bittersweet moment.
Only this time, Munchak won't quite be sure where to go. Left? Right?
He called the ending "disappointing," but is trying to move on. While he still has a house in Nashville, Munchak stressed "Pittsburgh is my home now."
"He's not like that," guard David DeCastro said. "I think every game is important to him. I'm sure this one in the back of his head is a little more important."
Munchak didn't stay out of work for long. The Steelers hired the Penn State graduate less than three weeks later to provide some cohesion for an offensive line that struggled to stay healthy and keep quarterback Ben Roethlisberger upright,Supply NFL Jerseys Factory.
DeCastro praised Munchak for "simplifying things" while left tackle Kelvin Beachum believes Munchak's playing experience makes him an effective communicator whether it's in the film room or on the field.
There are no hard feelings, at least on Munchak's part. The 54-year-old understands how unusual it is to be associated with one team for so long. He also knows that for all the family ties, business is business. The Titans failed to gain much traction during his three years at the helm,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, including a 7-9 mark last season in which Tennessee squandered a 3-1 start.
The players who now call him coach understand the importance for their mentor, though it's not like the understated Munchak is bringing it up in meetings.
When the front office talked about retaining Munchak but making changes to his staff, he balked and was let go on Jan. 5.
Maybe,Jerseys From China, but his ties to the Titans run deep. Tennessee left guard Andy Levitre signed with the Titans in 2013 in large part so he could learn from Munchak, a nine-time Pro Bowler as a player from 1982-93 who became one of the most respected line coaches in the league.
Munchak estimates this is around the 50th time he'll be on the sideline for a Steelers-Titans game. He went 2-1 against Pittsburgh as a coach, including a 17-9 win in September 2013. The optimism soon faded,Wholesale Jerseys, however,CHeap NFL Jerseys China, as Tennessee lost eight of 10 in the middle of the season to miss the postseason for the fifth straight time.
"We understand that it didn't work," he said. "You get so much time to get the job done and we didn't and had a difference of opinion on how to go forward."
"I've never been through this as a player or a coach, going back to a place because I stayed in one place for so long," Munchak said. "I was spoiled that way."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 15:25 , Processed in 0.056136 second(s), 26 queries .