9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-5 00:54:32 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
—Elisabeth Harper dubs it ‘unacceptable and an affront to women’ Sexist, disrespectful, vulgar and stupid were some of the adjectives used by Minister of Education,Minister of Education, Priya ManickchandPriya Manickchand, in a Facebook post to describe the utterances of her colleague Minister, Dr. Bheri Ramsaran.Dr. Ramsaran who holds the portfolio of Minister of Health, was recorded on Monday hurling threats and very abusive words at women’s right activist, Sherlina Nageer.Nageer had confronted him outside the Whim Magistrate’s Court.Dr. Ramsaran was at the time reportedly leading a team of protestors as a matter involving former President Bharrat Jagdeo was being called inside the court house.Angered by the activist’s line of questions, Dr. Ramsaran not only called her an “idiot” and “a little piece of s***” but even threatened to “slap her ass just for the fun…”He then said, “I can have some of my women strip her here…”After the recording of the exchange between the Health Minister and Nageer was widely circulated on social media, the Minister on Tuesday issued words of apology by way of a statement which however, failed to clearly state that it was intended for the women’s rights activist.The Minister in his apology claimed, “It is unfortunate that I was provoked into anger and uttered harsh words at her for which I now regret.”But Manickchand’s remarks which were posted Tuesday night highlighted her belief that “he wouldn’tPPP/C’s Prime Ministerial Candidate, Elisabeth Harperhave thought of stripping a man even as she stressed that “he must apologise and retract what he said.”“I unreservedly condemn his choice of words,” said Manickchand who however added, “I believe he could have,Nike Shox Gravity Black, and indeed he was entitled to defend himself if he felt threatened by an assault.“I don’t believe he is entitled to slap anybody just for fun or to strip anybody…And it is these backward utterances that he must apologise for.”According to the Education Minister who has over the years advocated for the rights of women and children, “he may also wish to do some soul searching and see if that is really how he feels about women, irrespective of whether they are irritants.“He must examine how he feels about his responsibility to answer members of the public irrespective of, if those said members are asking questions in an unconventional way.”Manickchand went on to reference a number of cases that she believes set the precedent for Dr Ramsaran’s behaviour.“Those of you bellowing now and calling for his head, understand that you contributed and continue to contribute to a place that allows this kind of sentiment and comfort expressing this sentiment, because of your partisan approach to gender issues.”She spoke of sexual allegations levelled against several public officials including now deceased Commissioner of Police, Henry Greene, and former Speaker of the House, RaphaelMinister of Health, Dr. Bheri Ramaran, faces off with Women’s Right Activist, Shalina NageerTrotman.She also made reference to a recorded conversation with former Commissioner of Police,NFL Jerseys Wholesale, Winston Felix, revealing plans to criminally implicate a maid.Manickchand then pointed accusing fingers at this publication even incorrectly claiming that this publication had labelled a female public official a whore.“When you said not a word and worse,China Jerseys Cheap, repeated and celebrated the AFC for calling me Sitira gyal (a promiscuous woman…and in case you missed it, if I were male my sex life, real or imagined, would never have come into the conversation).“You laid the ground work for men to disrespect women and see them as sex objects that could be stripped and slapped for fun.”She however, failed to highlight the allegations made against her fellow People’s Progressive Party Comrade, Bharrat Jagdeo, as it relates to him abusing his former wife,Wholesale Jerseys, Varshnie Singh.Manickchand also completely abstained from mentioning the derogatory remarks made by yet another colleague of her’s, Anil Nandall, about a young Kaieteur News reporter.Prime Ministerial Candidate, Elisabeth Harper,Cheap Jerseys Online, also condemned the Health Minister’s remarks calling it “unacceptable and an affront to women.”“I condemn his utterances in the strongest possible manner. It is yet another example of how much more needs to be done in ensuring that women are treated with respect and dignity especially by the exemplars of our society.”She pointed out too, that the incident (between Dr. Ramsaran and Nageer) is not an isolated case but rather is symptomatic of the way “our society can still be at times despite the huge strides we have made in advancing the rights of women.”“It reinforces my own personal intention and commitment to championing the cause of the vulnerable in our society,China Jerseys Wholesale,” added Harper.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 11:37 , Processed in 0.074122 second(s), 28 queries .