2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-5 05:07:04 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
And, they all have. Ryan and Thurman have used several combinations at cornerback throughout the season because of injuries, inconsistency or ineffectiveness. Ryan also acknowledged that he has played "much more" zone coverage than man-to-man, which is usually a constant with his defenses.
"We have some guys that can play,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping. They all can play."
Wait, who? Well, exactly.
And, just when the Jets didn't think things could get worse, Ben Roethlisberger, coming off two straight games with six touchdown passes, is coming to town with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
"He has tried to do everything that we have asked him to do," Thurman said.

It's also one of the biggest criticisms of general manager John Idzik, that he didn't sufficiently bolster the cornerback spot through free agency and the draft.
So, it could be Philip Adams, who has started one other game at cornerback and has the Jets' only interception this season. Or, Kyle Wilson, a first-round pick in 2010 who has been plugged in as the regular nickel back. Or, perhaps Thomas, who had two tackles and a pass defensed against the Chiefs.
"At times, Phillip has done a good job," Ryan said. "You had last week with Josh Thomas and Williams. They haven't been with us the whole time,Soccer Jerseys From China, but they've been with us long enough. They know what we do. ... We're confident in our guys."
One — Williams — was signed off the practice squad five days before the Jets played at Kansas City. The other — Thomas — was signed a month ago as a free agent and made his Jets debut against the Chiefs. It's not exactly Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie patrolling the secondary, as coach Rex Ryan had back there for a few years.
"You can complain about it or you could just be quiet and go to work as usual," Allen said. "That's what I came and did. I did my best. I probably gave up a touchdown every game but,Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic, hey, that was the sacrifice that I was willing to give up."
Milliner was lost for the year with a torn right Achilles tendon and free-agent addition Dimitri Patterson was cut after he was first suspended for an unexcused absence before a preseason game. So, Allen ended up starting opposite Darrin Walls on opening day. After weeks of struggles,NFL Jerseys From China, though, Ryan hinted that Allen might be moving back to safety for the rest of the season.
Ryan acknowledged that the Jets held an in-season competition at cornerback last week, with the reward being playing time. Williams, despite being a newcomer, outperformed everyone and earned the start. The undrafted rookie out of North Dakota State spent the first month of the season on Houston's practice squad, was released at the end of September — and is now looking at potentially making his second straight start for the Jets.
When Dee Milliner went down with a high ankle sprain during training camp and third-round draft pick Dexter McDougle was lost for the season with a knee injury, safety Antonio Allen was switched to cornerback in what was called "an experiment" by Thurman.
"He has picked up the defense fairly well,Cheap NBA Jerseys China," Thurman said. "He has had a couple of breakdowns, but for the most part he went out and competed and I thought he fared pretty well for his first start. We'll give him more playing time."
But it remains to be seen who might be on the opposite side of Williams. It appears Walls, dealing with a calf issue, won't play for the second consecutive game.
"Scary doesn't come to mind," Ryan said Thursday when asked of the task his secondary is facing. "Yeah,Cheap Jerseys Store, you're concerned, but it's more about what you're facing. The guys we have in the building, there's some good players over there that we have and it's the collective effort of all 11. It doesn't just fall on who's playing right corner or left corner.
It's difficult to blame Allen, who showed promise last season at safety before being forced into the position switch.
It lasted more than halfway through the season.
Marcus Williams and Josh Thomas.
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — The New York Jets' issues at cornerback this season could be summed up with one look at the guys who finished the game last Sunday.
NOTES: WR Jeremy Kerley missed practice because of an unspecified personal reason, and Ryan said Kerley also will likely miss Friday's session but is expected to play Sunday. ... DLs Muhammad Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson and RT Breno Giacomini all returned to practice after missing Wednesday with illnesses. ... The embattled Ryan on the Jets being scheduled to play the Miami Dolphins in London next season: "I'll say the obvious: As long as I'm on that plane, it'll be a great trip. I'm looking forward to it."
Last week, defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman half-jokingly — maybe — said: "I know a couple of their numbers."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 06:35 , Processed in 0.069128 second(s), 26 queries .