2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-5 12:31:39 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Lions running back Reggie Bush was sold on Caldwell as soon as they spoke last winter.

"He treats everyone the same from top to bottom,Cheap Jerseys," Lions center Dominic Raiola said. "He has called (Matthew) Stafford and (Ndamukong) Suh out and the last guy out. I'm not going to compare other coaches to him, but I will say it is refreshing."
When Schwartz did not point out mistakes made by top players while he would sharply criticize others on the roster, he appeared to lose respect in the locker room and front office.
"Anybody who gets a chance to speak to him — even if just for 5 minutes — finds out how good of a guy he is," Bush said. "I think that carries over in the way he coaches and the way he treats people and the way he treats us as men. It's very refreshing, obviously, to have a coach like that."
"He is a spiritual, well-respected person who walks the walk as well as any man can," Dunn said in a telephone interview Thursday. "He commands respect because he is a person of substance and people around him figure that out very quickly."
Schwartz was emotionally charged on the sideline — and infamously on the field during one postgame exchange with San Francisco coach Jim Harbaugh — and his ways appeared to wear on executives and players.
That may have led to him getting fired following last season's flop to a 7-9 finish that dropped his overall record to 29-51 in Detroit.
"But if you're around them for 30 minutes, you'll get a sense of their character and deep faith. From them, I learned to live my life by example and not to just talk about it."
"The more you know about them,NFL Jerseys Outlet, the better you can serve them,cheap nfl jerseys," Caldwell said in an interview with The Associated Press after Thursday's practice. "I've always believed coaching is a service business."
Caldwell and Dunn, who attended the same church, would often get their families together on Sunday evenings to eat dinner and play spades. They've kept in touch, going on vacations together and attending family functions such as the wedding of Caldwell's daughter earlier this year.
When the Lions won their last NFL title, it was 1957 and Caldwell was 2 and likely was spending time at a church in Beloit, Wisconsin. His father, Willie, worked for General Motors for 35 years — on the line and as a skilled tradesmen — and his mother, Mary, was a nurse with a particular interest in geriatric care.
ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) — Detroit Lions coach Jim Caldwell took players — by position group — out to dinner during the offseason and allowed them to pick their favorite restaurants in the Motor City.
Caldwell played defensive back for Iowa and began his coaching career as a graduate assistant for the Hawkeyes in 1977. He went on to work as an assistant coach at Southern Illinois, Northwestern, Colorado, Louisville and Penn State, where he struck up a friendship with then-assistant Nittany Lions basketball coach Jerry Dunn.
Caldwell's cool and calm ways were needed for a franchise that has been desperately seeking success for nearly six decades.
Caldwell, who was the offensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens when they won the Super Bowl two years ago and had the same job last season,Wholesale China Jerseys, impressed the Lions during interviews when they were searching for someone to replace Schwartz.
"You could walk into my parents' home right now and you would not see a bunch of Bibles — though you may find one — or a bunch of signs of them professing their faith," Caldwell said.
Caldwell asked each player what their favorite books and movies were along with other questions, probing for details about them as people.
Caldwell earned his first opportunity to be a head coach at Wake Forest,Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic, where he was from 1993-2000, before going to the NFL to work for Tony Dungy in Tampa Bay and Indianapolis. When Dungy retired after the 2008 season, Caldwell won 14 games as a rookie NFL head coach and helped the Colts reach the Super Bowl. He was fired two years later after a two-win season that was stunted by Peyton Manning's neck injury.
Caldwell was hired, getting a second chance to lead an NFL team after coaching the Indianapolis Colts from 2009-2011, and his even-handed approach has been a welcome change of pace.
Jim Schwartz never seemed to say anything like that during his five years with the Lions,holesale Soccer Jerseys.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 19:33 , Processed in 0.063697 second(s), 26 queries .