2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-6 02:56:14 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"We have a lot of question marks every year," Loomis said Wednesday evening, after the Saints had finished reporting for training camp at the Greenbrier Resort. "We had a lot of questions after we won the Super Bowl.
Also during the offseason, Galette's cousin was found in possession of drugs while using Galette's car. Galette was not present for the traffic stop, but the incident raised more red flags with Saints management.
Not even as the club works to figure out who'll replace last season's most productive receiver, tight end Jimmy Graham, and last season's sack leader, Junior Galette.
"You've always got question marks," Loomis said. "We've got hopes and dreams for this team ... and I think we've got the best coaching staff out there that can evaluate and prepare a team."
The Saints this offseason brought in veteran tackle Kevin Williams, who was with Seattle last season, to add depth,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, but Payton and Loomis said Williams' arrival had nothing to do with Bunkley's departure.
"We can't turn the clock back. We have to make decisions with our eye going forward and that's what we've done," Loomis said. "We signed that contract last September and with the information we had I thought it was a good contract. ... At the time I thought this was a good deal for us. It's unfortunate what happened and we've just got to move forward from that. We're equipped and accustomed to dealing with adversity and overcoming it,Cheap NFL Jerseys, so I'm pretty confident that we can do that."
"We've just got to be smart about how many snaps that is," Payton said. "It'll be up to us to get the right combination on the field."
In January, Galette was arrested on domestic violence charges that were later dropped, although the league continues its own investigation.

Asked to elaborate, Payton responded, "I'm being specific when I say it's best for the team. ... I can't be any more clear than that."
The Saints start practice at the Greenbrier on Thursday,Cheap NFL Jerseys. They return to their New Orleans-area headquarters on Aug. 21.
Ultimately,Discount NFL Jerseys, New Orleans cut a player who recorded 22 sacks during the past two seasons combined — including a team-high 10 last season. And because of guaranteed bonuses associated with an extension Galette signed last September,Cheap Jerseys, his departure is expected to cost the Saints more than $5 million in so-called "dead money" against the salary cap this season and around $12 million in 2016.
Also in the mix is rookie outside linebacker Hau'oli Kikaha, a second-round pick who had a nation-high 19 sacks with the Washington Huskies last season.
The Saints have several players that will try to show they are best suited to fill the void. They include former Dallas outside linebacker Anthony Spencer, brought in as a free agent this offseason.
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, W.Va. (AP) — New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis doesn't buy the notion that the uncertainly surrounding his club at the opening of training camp this year has reached some unusual level.
Saints coach Sean Payton said cutting Galette was not easy, but that a "mistake magnified" would have been "pretending that it doesn't need to be done if you feel like it needs to be."
And earlier this month, the 27-year-old Galette was cited for driving with an expired license and no inspection sticker.
"Obviously, it became a decision about the team," Payton said.
The Saints also will have to replace Brodrick Bunkley, a three-year starting defensive tackle, who was released on Tuesday after failing a physical. Bunkley left on good terms,Nike Shox Gravity, said Payton who also didn't rule out bringing back Bunkley when he is fully recovered from a quadriceps injury.
Still, it appears Williams is now in line for some significant snaps in a rotation that could also include third-year pro John Jenkins.
At least Graham's departure was by design. His trade to Seattle brought a new starting center in Max Unger and a first-round draft choice that was used to select Clemson linebacker Stephone Anthony.
Galette's release on Friday resulted from a painstaking evaluation of whether his recent behavior off the field would be detrimental enough to overshadow not only his production as a pass-rusher, but the cost of releasing him in the context of the NFL's salary cap.
"I think the world of him. It had nothing to do with us saying we're going to move on," Payton said. "We were pulling for him as much as anything because he does have a presence and he's so well respected."
Later, the Saints came upon an Internet video that appeared to show Galette striking a woman with a belt and punching another man during a 2013 melee at a Miami beach. The NFL is also reviewing that.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 08:08 , Processed in 0.078623 second(s), 26 queries .