4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-6 13:40:42 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Abena RockcliffeGeneral Secretary of the People’s Progressive Party (PPP), Clement Rohee, yesterday told thousands who gathered in Kitty for a political rally that his Party will bury the A Partnership for National Unity and Alliance for Change (APNU+AFC) coalition.He called on those who are in support of the PPP and want to see “continued progress” in Guyana to assist in the burial. Rohee charged the pumped up crowd to “put the final nail in the coffin” on May, 11 when the nation goes to the polls to elect a government.President Ramotar waves to the crowd while outgoing Prime Minister Samuel Hinds and his wife are greeted by First Lady Deolatchmie Ramotar (backing)Rohee took the stage all energized and told the crowd that the Party remains a fighting party. He likened the PPP to a scorpion and said that everyone knows what is likely to happen to a person who is unfortunate enough to be stung by a scorpion. With that, the politician stretched his arms open, leaned to the side and belted out “A scorpion bite meh I think like ah gone dead,” stealing a few words from a popular Chutney song.When Rohee was finished with his rendition, he told supporters that when the metaphoric scorpion stings the APNU+AFC coalition,Supply NFL Jerseys, it will die.He reminisced that the last time he spoke at a Kitty rally was October 9, 2011. He thanked all those who stood by the PPP from then to now in what he described as the continued journey of growth.“I thank our friends, sympathizers and well wishers for support in building a strong and resilient economy,” said Rohee.The General Secretary told the crowd that his Party won 166,000 votes at the last election thus went into government; but the opposition parties, which had the combined majority of votes, behaved like the PPP did not have a right to govern.“Scraven, lickrish and hungish” is how Rohee described the Opposition saying that, “they took everything for themselves.”Also, he told the crowd that the APNU and AFC were working together all the while and during the life of the Tenth Parliament strengthened their relationship.“There is a Wedding Expo in Duke Street that is going on now; I thought I would have seen the Opposition there.”He said, APNU+AFC Presidential hopeful, David Granger, was “tackling” Moses Nagamootoo during Parliament. “Dey de hustling one another…all ah we got on red but this is PPP red is not Valentine red.”Rohee said that the “marriage” happen but with “canta” ring.As he alluded to the fact that the APNU+AFC coalition officially launched its election campaign at Pegasus Hotel, Rohee told his supporters that it was there that Granger and Nagamootoo consummated the marriage.The politician then told the crowd that the time for chances is over “this country went through too many experiments.”Rohee told supporters that the Opposition is asking for the PPP to give up but “hell no.”But the man who is responsible for the nation’s security spoke nothing about his record of overseeing a sector that has been the centre of criticism in recent years.A section of the PPP/C supportersHe chose the occasion to urge the coalition’s Presidential Candidate David Granger to “confess” for the bad things he did.According to him, Granger must go before the Commission of Inquiry regarding the death of Walter Rodney as he continued his verbal bashing by stressing that “Granger must say weh de guns deh.”Further, Rohee pointed out that Granger is an ex Army Officer and asked the gathering, “What you expect from an ex-soldier surrounded by more ex soldiers and police?” He then urged the PPP supporters to say no to the possibility of living in a military country.Rohee concluded by singing the song popular in the PPP’s last election campaign “What’s in my cup stays in my cup.”He said that “security, stability and a strong government is in the PPP’s cup. “Vote Ramotar for continued progress.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 14:38 , Processed in 0.064543 second(s), 28 queries .