2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-7 01:16:32 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"You can see how we've improved," Robinson said. "I'm getting use to their blocking and they're getting use to my style. ... It's a matter of having good communication with your guys up front. We'll continue to work together and know each other's tendencies."

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — The Jacksonville Jaguars were reluctant to name Denard Robinson their starting running back after his first 100-yard game and touchdown a week ago.
"It's nice to see the running game getting better," guard Brandon Linder said. "He's a talented athlete and a great team player. He brings it on every play and is very confident in the way he runs. That's Denard. He makes things happen. He's a very talented player. It's nice to be able to block for him and see the outcome he gets on a play and the success that he's had the past couple of games.
Part of the problem was that Robinson was still trying to regain feeling in his right hand that stemmed from an injury at Michigan during his senior year. Robinson was stepped on just about his elbow, and the nerve went dead due to the bruise and caused a loss of feeling in his pinkie and ring finger.
Still, the former Michigan quarterback did enough to warrant a third consecutive start Sunday against Cincinnati.
It should be much easier after another strong performance.
Robinson had 11 carries for 90 yards at halftime against the Dolphins, but once Blake Bortles threw a second interception that was returned for a touchdown, the Jaguars (1-7) were chasing 14 points and unable to stick with the running game.
With Jacksonville starting as many as six rookies on offense, the offensive growing pains have been evident on a weekly basis. But an offensive line that has two rookies and two second-year players is starting to jell, and Robinson is learning the nuances of running in a zone-blocking scheme.
"Whenever I get the opportunity,Wholesale Football Jerseys, I think I'm capable of getting 100 yards in a game,Wholesale NFL Jerseys," Robinson said Monday. "The offense is coming together and we're working more efficiently as a unit. If I can get around 20 carries a game,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, I feel I can be over 100 yards."
Making matters worse after he got to Jacksonville, he sliced open his right hand while cutting potatoes and needed 10 stiches. That made getting a grip on the football even tougher.
They initially wanted to make him a returner and a receiver — as well as line him up in wildcat formations — but ball security was an issue during his rookie season,Cheap Jerseys.
Robinson has been a work in progress since the Jaguars selected him in the fifth round of the 2013 draft.
All of that eventually healed,Nike Vapor Max Plus, and Robinson's ball security issues disappeared.
Maybe more important to his success was settling in at one position, running back.
"He understands what it requires, the commitment, both on the field and off the field," Fisch said. "And his vision has improved."
"Hopefully we can keep those types of results going the rest of the season."
Robinson ran 18 times for 108 yards in Sunday's 27-13 loss to Miami, becoming the team's first player to top the century mark in consecutive weeks since Maurice Jones-Drew in 2011.
Coach Gus Bradley started feeling sick Sunday night and was unable to make it into the facility Monday. Offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch filled in and said Robinson is "getting more and more comfortable playing the position."
"Last year, he was still learning the position from square one,Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic," Fisch said. "For the most part, I think he's learning the position as he goes. We've been seeing him get better and better at it."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 16:38 , Processed in 0.073892 second(s), 26 queries .