帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-9 00:12:21 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The Jets have made headlines for opening their mouths in the past — with Ryan leading the charge — and now,Jerseys Wholesale, they're starting to do it again.
Ah, that's right.
"That means you're going to put in the work. You're willing to do that, and you know what comes with it."
"You get a few bullets shot at you when you take this approach, so maybe that's not recommended," Ryan said. "But you know what? It's who we are. It's how we feel. They can laugh,Jerseys NFL Cheap, but you've got to play us, too. So we'll see at the end of the day. The beauty of it is, we get to find out.
Ryan has always been known to make bold proclamations since becoming coach in 2009. While he has toned down some of the bravado in recent seasons, his players have stepped in for him.
"Maybe I wasn't as confident initially," Ryan said. "I mean,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, I was confident, but it was like, 'Whoo, I don't even know these guys.' But again, I knew myself. I knew we'd give it our best shot,Cheap NFL Jerseys, for sure."
The bottom line, however, is New York hasn't been to the playoffs in three seasons, the longest drought since owner Woody Johnson bought the team in 2000. Ryan is brimming with confidence this summer, though, and it seems a bit different from a year ago.
Second-year cornerback Dee Milliner recently declared to the Daily News that he believes he's the NFL's top cornerback, refusing to acknowledge that any player is better than him at his job.
Well,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, that didn't quite work out. The Jets got close, though, falling a game shy of the Super Bowl after getting to the AFC championship game for the second straight year.
"Maybe there's a reason," Ryan said. "Maybe I am more confident in this team."
"You know my Ray Robinson quote, 'To be great, to be a champion, you've got to believe in yourself when nobody else will,'" Ryan said. "And that's it. You can't hide in this league. So if you're saying it, that's great, because they really believe it. But you don't want to get embarrassed,Wholesale Jerseys China, that's for sure.
Opposing teams will take notice, that's for sure. And, they'll probably chuckle at the public displays of confidence — even if every other team is also feeling pretty good about itself at this point. More quietly, though, of course.
Since then, Ryan has outlasted one general manager (Mike Tannenbaum) and somehow endeared himself to the new GM (John Idzik), despite the two seeming to have opposite personalities.
Ryan always takes a positive approach to his teams heading into a season — like the time in 2010 when he signed the side of ESPN's camp bus and scrawled "Soon To Be Champs" under his autograph.
Linebacker Calvin Pace also proclaimed to the newspaper that the Jets have the league's best defense. Geno Smith told ESPN New York he thinks he can become a top-five quarterback.
Helped by improved play by Smith, the Jets won three of their last four to finish 8-8 and saved Ryan's job in the process.
Oh, and guess what? Rex Ryan doesn't mind one bit, even though he might be a bit puzzled by what's gotten into some of his players lately.
"We understand that it takes a ton of hard work and you've got to prove it out on the field, but we never want to sell ourselves short," Smith said. "The main thing is that we continue to stay focused. We're all levelheaded. No one's here saying we cornered the marked on anything. We believe that we have to put the work in.

Even if it's still only July and the regular-season opener is more than a month away.
"We're not running from it. We're running into it."
And then, he threw this out there with a wry smile, knowing he'd draw laughs: "Because you know I'm a great coach. Just ask me."
Yes, they're talking again. And maybe even a little more than before.
"And if we do so, then we'll have a good team."
"I have no idea where they get that from," Ryan deadpanned after practice Tuesday. "No idea."
At this time a year ago, the Jets had a beleaguered Mark Sanchez competing with an inexperienced Smith for the starting job. There were five other new starters on offense and seven on defense. Ryan also pointed out that there was a new punter and 11 new assistant coaches, including offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg.
CORTLAND, N.Y. (AP) — Welcome to Camp Confidence, where bold proclamations are among the annual rites of summer for the New York Jets.
Idzik then went out and signed wide receiver Eric Decker, running back Chris Johnson and quarterback Michael Vick, among the best players available at their positions. They also signed right tackle Breno Giacomini, fresh off a Super Bowl win with Seattle, and filled huge needs in the draft by taking hard-hitting safety Calvin Pryor and pass-catching tight end Jace Amaro with their first two picks.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-10 01:03 , Processed in 0.064915 second(s), 26 queries .