10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2016-12-31 14:55:38 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Guitarist/vocalist Joseph Duplantier of French progressive metallers GOJIRA recently spoke to U.K.'s Metal Hammer magazine about the band's continuing efforts to support marine conservation organization Sea Shepherd. You can watch the chat below.During a 2010 appearance on Full Metal Jackie's nationally syndicated radio show,DeMar DeRozan Team USA Jersey, Duplantier was asked if he's worried about how the GOJIRA fans will react to the band being involved with an organization like Sea Shepherd. "I am not worried at all," he replied. "I don't care about these reactions,Christian Laettner Team USA Jersey, really. What I care about is mostly where I put myself and what kind of energy in my life, why I do things. This is something very,Juwan Howard Wizards Jersey, very, very important to me,DeMarcus Cousins Team USA Jersey, to do this, but it's not on a political level... It's also political, of course, but it's more on a spiritual level. I like to feel that I am part of something that goes in the right direction,Kevin Durant Team USA Jersey, something that has sense. And being famous is really cool, having a lot of money is really cool — making money and all that — but it's not the most important [thing] for me."When asked what prompted GOJIRA's involvement with Sea Shepherd, Duplantier said, "I saw a movie called 'Sharkwater'. It was made by a guy [Rob Stewart] who is involved with sharks. And he just wanted to film sharks; he's diving in the ocean and he hugs sharks and he's trying to present them as they are — not like a threat or a danger or monsters, but just animals [who are] beautiful. They have the right to live. It's not just because they're dangerous that we should kill them all. And the fact is that more than 90 percent of the sharks on the planet disappeared over the last 30 years only — like,Evan Fournier Magic Jersey, they're almost gone. It's really sad; it made me cry when I watched this movie. And in this movie you can Sea Shepherd in the second half of the movie, they're in the movie all the time, because they meet on the... It's like a road trip — he's [Rob Stewart] filming himself all the time — and he meets the guy from Sea Shepherd and they help him to save some of the sharks. They're facing a huge problem with the international mafia who's dealing with shark things, for the Japanese mostly, to put them in the soup. So they catch sharks and they cut the things [fins] and they throw back the sharks in the water and they just die like that. A lot of poor countries do that so you could also care about these people trying to survive and fishing and selling. I don't know... It seems like there is something super-important and there are laws [regulating shark finning], but there is no enforcement to make sure that they don't catch the sharks. I'm talking about sharks, but it's the same problem with whales and dolphins and tuna... All these species are just disappearing from the planet because everybody wants to eat them or catch them for their fat, skin, bones, fins, for makeup products or even for weapons... Some parts of the whales are used to build weapons. After [seeing the 'Sharkwater'] movie, I was,Allen Iverson Team USA Jersey, like,Kyrie Irving Team USA Jersey, 'Holy crap! What can we do for that?' And what I feel is when you are an artist and you start to have the attention of the people and people actually listen to you and what you're saying, I think you have a responsibility towards the planet and towards the people. We have to think about what we are saying and what we are doing. And [when it comes to the new GOJIRA] EP, I feel exactly at the right place when I do this. There's a lot of confusion in the world in general. Everybody is in survival mode all the time. And we created this opportunity in our lives to stick the head out of the gutter and stop surviving and try to do something to live, really, like human beings."GOJIRA's fifth album, "L'Enfant Sauvage", sold almost 11,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 34 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's previous CD, "The Way Of All Flesh", opened with 4,200 units back in 2008 to land at No. 138."L'Enfant Sauvage" entered the official chart in France at position No. 7 (No. 17 on the digital chart). "L'Enfant Sauvage" (which translates to "The Wild Child") features 11 tracks of mind-bending, thunderous metal.  The CD was recorded at Spin Recording Studios in Long Island City, New York with co-producer Josh Wilbur (LAMB OF GOD).
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 08:35 , Processed in 0.079688 second(s), 26 queries .