帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-10 20:18:40 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"The last time we brought in a guy who didn't know the system too much and now we've got two guys (who do)," Foster said. "Doug was in the system for five years before and Cody has been in the system for three years now and that's what we have to live on, is that those guys know what's going on."
Not that it won't take some getting used to. Pro Bowl running back Le'Veon Bell allowed it will take some time to get into a rhythm with Wallace,Cheap Jerseys From China, who could have a different idea about what protection call to make or how to set up a block than Pouncey.
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Doug Legursky wants to get something straight. The Pittsburgh Steelers didn't lure the veteran offensive lineman off the couch and back into the locker room to do his best Maurkice Pouncey impersonation while the four-time Pro Bowl center recovers from a broken left ankle.
"Pass pro it's a huge adjustment," Bell said. "With Pounce, I've played with him so long, I know exactly what he's thinking. With Cody he might think something else or feel a different way about a certain protection and call something else. It's something we're going to have to work on. Hopefully it comes sooner than later."
Losing Pouncey for at least a couple of months is tough, but it's not nearly as catastrophic as it was in 2013 when Pouncey tore ligaments in his right knee on the eighth play of the season. Legursky had left in the offseason to join Buffalo, forcing the Steelers to sign Fernando Velasco on short notice. Velasco acquitted himself well through 11 games but the Steelers started 2-6 and failed to make the playoffs.
"I would say there's more of a comfort level for me now than there was before,Cheap Jerseys For Sale, just because of the experience level,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys," Wallace said. "I've had a chance to work a lot with the guys, and I've played in a bunch of games."
The Steelers, smartly, aren't even going to ask Legursky or Cody Wallace to try.
"No one can fill the shoes of Pouncey," Legursky said Tuesday just hours after re-signing with the team he broke into the NFL with from 2008-12.
Working someone new into the mix barely two weeks before the regular season begins is tough enough. Doing it while expecting them to do the same things as Pouncey is borderline unfair.
And if the other 10 guys on the field do their job — particularly the four that will flank whoever snaps the ball to Roethlisberger — all the better,Wholesale China Jerseys. Last year tackles Kelvin Beachum and Marcus Gilbert and guards Ramon Foster and David DeCastro joined Pouncey in paving the way for the greatest offensive season by the franchise in its 82-year history.
This time around they're hardly bringing in a stranger. Wallace started four games at the end of 2013 when Velasco was hurt while Legursky spent four seasons filling in at various spots,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, including a start against Green Bay in the 2011 Super Bowl when a bum ankle forced Pouncey to watch from the sidelines in sweatpants.
"They'll be fine," quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said. "They're not going to try and be Pounce. They're going to have to be the best they can be."
Wallace will likely be given the first crack at holding down the job until Pouncey returns. He saw extended time with the starters while Pouncey worked himself off the physically unable to perform list, with promising results.

NOTES: LBs Ryan Shazier and Lawrence Timmons sat out practice Tuesday with what coach Mike Tomlin called "bumps and bruises." ... DT Stephon Tuitt is out for Saturday's game against Buffalo with a sprained left ankle but should be ready by the regular season opener at New England on Sept. 10,NFL Jerseys Outlet.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 10:08 , Processed in 0.065292 second(s), 28 queries .