2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-11 00:40:46 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"It was extremely tough," he said. "I finished that game because I felt like maybe it might be my last chance to get out there and play in an NFL game. It tested me mentally and stuff like that, but it brought me here in the end."
"Football is not what I am, it's what I do,Cheap China Jerseys," Zimmerman said. "But, if God continues to open up opportunities and doors for me, I'll continue to take them. I mean, I still love this game. I just still really want to play."
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — Ty Zimmerman believes this is exactly where he belongs, on an NFL field making plays and living his dream.
"Yeah, it was cool," Zimmerman said with a smile. "My family talked about it and texted me about it, and friends back home did the same thing."
As a junior at Kansas State, Zimmerman injured his left ankle during a game against TCU and missed the final two games of the regular season. He was on his way to terrific year, with five interceptions while establishing himself as a team leader.
"I've just had a string of bad luck, I think," Zimmerman said in the Jets' locker room. "I didn't know if I'd get another opportunity this soon, but I'm happy they gave me a chance to come out here."
The Saints cut Zimmerman early last week in a move that surprised him, and sent him and his wife packing up their apartment and pondering their next move. Around noon last Thursday, his agent called and said the Jets might be interested. New York called two hours later, told him to get on a flight at 8 p.m., and Zimmerman landed about 12:30 a.m.
He went undrafted after many scouts thought he was a possible third- or fourth-rounder heading into the season. The New Orleans Saints signed him as an undrafted free agent last spring, and defensive coordinator Rob Ryan liked what he saw. Zimmerman even made a nice diving interception of Drew Brees in practice, a play that ended up on YouTube.
"I kind of skipped out on the minor injuries,Cheap Wholesale Jerseys," he said, shaking his head.
He just needed another chance — and for his body to stop betraying him.

That was it for Zimmerman, who spent the season on injured reserve — a helpless spectator with an uncertain future.
"It was just kind of a freak thing,Wholesale Soccer Jerseys," Zimmerman said. "I was covering a punt and was locked up with a guy and was trying to shed him, and it just popped out. I knew it right away because I had done the other one the year before. I ended up finishing the game,NFL Jerseys China, got an MRI and then needed surgery."
The same thing happened his senior year — this time to his right ankle, but also against TCU and knocking him out for the last two games again. He had also been playing through a dislocated right shoulder.
Zimmerman doesn't know what's in store for him,Jerseys NFL Wholesale China, and as a tryout player he knows nothing is guaranteed. That's a lesson the native of Junction City, Kansas, has learned while spending numerous hours in doctors' offices and gyms rehabilitating.
Ryan likes having a surplus of cornerbacks and safeties in his defense, and Zimmerman appeared poised to make a push to make the Saints' roster. He got into New Orleans' first preseason game against St. Louis and had five tackles,Wholesale Jerseys 2018, including three solos, but injured his left shoulder while covering a punt.
He wasn't sure if the Jets would even look to sign a safety after minicamp was over, but Zimmerman hopes he did enough to make that decision easier. And if not, he'll figure it out — maybe another chance on another team, or maybe follow in his father Randall's footsteps and become a coach.
Six hours later, he was at the Jets' facility — weary but thankful for the chance to play football again.
The former Kansas State star safety was in rookie minicamp with the New York Jets on a tryout during the weekend, hoping to put a handful of injuries behind him, open some eyes and perhaps earn a contract.
"I feel good and feel like I'm getting the playbook down pretty quick," Zimmerman said. "But honestly, after going through what I did with the Saints and knowing that there's a lot of business side to it. I know it's a numbers game."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 05:01 , Processed in 0.073219 second(s), 26 queries .