2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-11 06:24:07 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Running back Chris Johnson didn't know of the team's decision until he saw Smith getting snaps with the starters at practice.
Smith had an up-and-down rookie season, but finished with a strong final month during which the Jets won three of their last four games to finish 8-8 and save Ryan's job.
Vick has mostly said all the right things about the quarterback situation since signing with the Jets, and he took the high road again after the team's decision. He felt he mostly played well in his three starts,NFL Jerseys Cheap, but didn't ask why Smith was getting the call again.
The 34-year-old Vick threw for 404 yards and three TDs and an interception in his three starts, helping end an eight-game skid with a 20-13 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers on Nov. 9.

The team announced Wednesday that Smith, benched the last three games in favor of Michael Vick, will be under center against the Miami Dolphins on Monday night.
He had a solid, turnover-free performance in a 27-25 loss to New England, but followed it up with the dreadful game against Buffalo a month ago.
"One hundred percent, no, he did not," the coach said.
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — Geno Smith is getting another shot as the New York Jets' starting quarterback.
Smith, in his second season, last started on Oct. 26 in a 43-23 loss to Buffalo in which he threw interceptions on three consecutive possessions and was benched. Vick provided a spark to the offense in his first two starts, but struggled against the Bills on Monday night before being replaced by Smith in the 38-3 loss at Detroit's Ford Field.
"Now it's about production and doing a lot of things that I was drafted to do," Smith said. "They brought me here to make plays and take care of the football, so I've got to do that."
"The best thing for this team right now is to play Geno Smith," coach Rex Ryan said.
The move caught some Jets players off guard,Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys.
"Understand that everybody is on board with this decision," Ryan said. "We purposely put Geno back, let him observe. Now is the opportunity for him to step back in and let's see how it goes. I, for one, am excited to watch him. He has my support on this, and that's what I'll say about it."
The Jets signed Vick in the offseason to a one-year deal to give them an experienced backup, something they lacked last season, who could also serve as a mentor to Smith while also pushing him in training camp. Smith got off to another rocky start by turning the ball over at least once in each of the first six games.
"I always thought that I would (start again), I don't see why not,Cheap China Jerseys," Smith said. "I never knew when or where, but I'm glad it's now and I'm glad I have the opportunity and I'm ready to go out there and really show what I've got."
"As a competitor, you always want to be out there,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys," Smith said. "You never want to feel like you can't be a part of the solution."
Ryan met with both quarterbacks in the morning and informed them of the decision. The Jets (2-9) want to get another look at Smith to make an evaluation on the quarterback, along with other young players, heading into the offseason.
"That's not for me to say whether I should be benched or not," Vick said. "I don't look at it as being benched. I look at it as Geno getting another opportunity."
"Yeah, it was a surprise," Johnson said. "I've never really seen it go like: starter getting benched, then the backup coming in,Cheap NFL Jerseys, and then a couple games, then the original starter comes back."
"That's my little brother," Vick said. "I want him to do well. I want him to succeed and excel. I know he's got it in him. It's great to see him get another opportunity. I know he got hurt and some things that happened. He had a sour taste in his mouth,Cheap Jerseys From China, so now he gets a chance to go out and make it right."
"I just didn't see us flip-flopping," right guard Willie Colon said. "I just figured Vick was going to kind of ride us out."
Smith has thrown for 1,459 yards with seven touchdowns and 10 interceptions this season while putting his future as a starter with the franchise in doubt. He was drafted in the second round out of West Virginia last year and started every game as a rookie after Mark Sanchez went down with a shoulder injury in the preseason.
It was initially believed by some that Ryan was leaning toward Vick, but he insisted the decision was "100 percent our decision," referring to the entire team. When asked if general manager John Idzik might have swayed him away from Vick, Ryan was defiant.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 10:43 , Processed in 0.054353 second(s), 28 queries .