9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-1-1 02:48:03 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The A.V. Club recently conducted an interview with former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.The A.V. Club: Supposedly you joined SKID ROW after you heard demos of the "Youth Gone Wild" and "18 And Life". Do you remember hearing them? Did you think they were any good?Bach: I didn't think they were very good when I first heard them. I wasn't impressed too much. The singer they had at the time was a complete Jon Bon Jovi clone. The way he sang was not the way I sang. So I kept listening to them and, the more I listened to the songs, I thought they were good songs. So, I tried out, and they tried out for me, and we made the record and everybody around the world freaked out. I got this tattoo of "Youth Gone Wild" before we did the album.The A.V. Club: Oh, that worked out well, then.Bach: Yeah, [I got the tattoo] before we even had a record deal. I got it because I love the song and I thought it was very autobiographical of my life at the time.The A.V. Club: How so?Bach: Well, because I was a youth and I was wild. [Laughs] These days it's bittersweet for me to talk about these songs because radio in the United States of America completely fucking sucks. There is nowhere a guy like me can get a new song on the radio,Michael Taylor Nationals Jersey, because there's like over 1,700 radio stations in America and only 60 or 70 of them play rock music. And, those stations that do play rock are all classic rock where they'll play "Youth Gone Wild" and "18 [And] Life" from 22, 23 years ago, but my new record, "Kicking & Screaming", which debuted at 68 on the Top 200 Billboard chart — which is a respectable-selling album — they won't play a song from that. So, you know, talking about old SKID ROW sometimes is not my favorite thing to do, but I know you all love "Youth Gone Wild",Matt Belisle Nationals Jersey, even though I'm 43. I got a new guitar player in my band who started when he was 19. His name is Nick Sterling, and we made the record starting last year in January. He's 21 now, so he kind of is the "Youth Gone Wild". At least we have one of them on the stage. We recorded in Hollywood with Bob Marlette and just got the best reviews in my whole career. But,Darryl Strawberry Mets Jersey, you know,Daniel Norris Orioles Jersey, you won't hear it on The Loop in Chicago,Asdrubal Cabrera Mets Jersey, but you'll hear "Youth Gone Wild". But yeah, the album came out great. I love it. I hope you get to hear it sometime.The A.V. Club: When fans come out to see you now, are you doing mostly "Kicking & Screaming" material?Bach: No, I do whatever I feel in my heart. I'll do all the old SKID ROW songs because I know that's why people are buying a ticket to come see me play. But, you know, I'm 43 years old. I don't get excited running onstage saying, "We are the youth gone wild,Mike Piazza Dodgers Jersey," when I'm almost 50. It's kind of silly. I don't get on the tour bus and drive across the country so I can play my 22-year-old song. I'm doing it so that I can play my new song.The A.V. Club: That's respectable. A lot of artists don't feel that way.Bach: I mean, think about what we're talking about. I don't walk around in 2012 thinking about 1989. I don't know who does do that but, that's,Adrian Gonzalez Dodgers Jersey, I guess, the nature of the business I'm in. But, when I was a kid,Jose Iglesias Orioles Jersey, we were always excited about the next record that LED ZEPPELIN was going to put out and the next KISS tour, the new KISS costume, and the new KISS record. We didn't just listen to "Rock And Roll All Nite" for three decades.The A.V. Club: Yeah, but that's the radio landscape now.Bach: That's what I'm saying. I would like to say to every radio programmer reading this: "You are a fucking pussy. You are not a rock fan. You are hustling nostalgia and you have no balls and you suck." That's what I would like to say.Read the entire interview from The A.V. Club.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 02:13 , Processed in 0.071938 second(s), 28 queries .