2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-12 21:13:06 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Smith said he and Gailey have spoken briefly about the basics of his offense,Cheap Wholesale Jerseys, including running the huddle, his cadence and a few routes. The quarterback also acknowledged that Fitzpatrick has a greater familiarity with Gailey's offense from their days together in Buffalo, but added that the veteran has already been willing to help him pick up the system.
"There's a ton of potential there," center Nick Mangold said of Smith.
The New York Jets quarterback trained with former major league pitcher Tom House in California recently, looking to put the struggles of his first two years behind him.
Part of that was working out in Florida a few weeks ago with recently acquired wide receiver Brandon Marshall.
NOTES: Mangold on Bowles: "We got to see him up in front of the team this morning, and he's got great passion." ... Mangold on Rex Ryan moving from the Jets to the AFC East-rival Buffalo Bills: "Obviously, I'm happy for Rex and I'm excited for him and hope that he does well — but not that well." ... WR Jeremy Kerley said Gailey's offense can be "explosive" and "different," and added, "different can be good."
NEW YORK (AP) — Geno Smith is making a pitch for a much-improved third NFL season.

"It wasn't a thing where I needed to change things," Smith said. "It was basically just going out there to work out and get better, and that's what we accomplished."
"As of right now, I'm just focusing on getting better every single day,Cheap World Cup Jerseys, and relishing every single opportunity that I have," Smith said. "Today's only Day 1,Jerseys From China, Phase 1."
Smith, expected to compete with Ryan Fitzpatrick for the starting quarterback job, worked with House along with Jets wide receivers Quincy Enunwa and Shaq Evans. House, widely regarded as an innovative pitching coach, has also tutored several NFL quarterbacks over the years, including Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Carson Palmer, Andy Dalton,NFL Jerseys Wholesale From China, Alex Smith and Tim Tebow.
"We really just talked over things and ran through routes," Smith said, "and started to develop a chemistry and a bond with one another."
"Well, whoever we draft is going to obviously be someone who's going to help out this team,China Cheap Jerseys," Smith said.
New coach Todd Bowles recently said the team would like to add another player to the quarterback mix for new offensive coordinator Chan Gailey's system that includes Smith, Fitzpatrick and Matt Simms. New York could focus on another quarterback in free agency,NHL Jerseys From China, or opt to draft one, namely Oregon's Marcus Mariota, with the No. 6 pick.
"I heard about his name a few times when I was coming out of college and I always thought about working with him, but just never really had an opportunity," Smith said during a conference call after the Jets' first voluntary workout Monday. "This past offseason, I had the opportunity to work with him and was very pleased in the work that we were able to do and the progress I made."
"Every offseason has been important for me," he said. "I take it upon myself to work hard and try to improve myself every way I possibly can. This offseason was no different than any other. I worked extremely hard and did my best to get better."
Smith has thrown 25 touchdowns in his first two seasons, but has also tossed 34 interceptions with a dismal career quarterback rating of 71.5. Because of that inconsistency, the quarterback position remains an uncertainty for the Jets — despite Smith throwing for 358 yards and three touchdowns with a perfect quarterback rating of 158.3 in the season-ending win at Miami.
While Smith didn't go into specifics about the workouts with House, he said there was no overhaul to his mechanics.
For now, Smith is expected to take the bulk of snaps with the starters since Fitzpatrick won't be fully cleared for practice until training camp after breaking his leg in a game with Houston last season. Smith said the coaches haven't spoken definitively about his role, and he danced around a question as to whether the next few months are vital for him and his future with the franchise.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 01:09 , Processed in 0.073991 second(s), 28 queries .