2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-14 22:07:06 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Coming off a 2-14 season and their last playoff berth in 2008, the Titans have little to lose right now.
This franchise passed up drafting Randy Moss back in 1998 because of concerns about his off the field issues, a decision that didn't hurt as the Titans reached their lone Super Bowl two seasons later.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The Tennessee Titans understand they took a chance selecting wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham of Missouri in the second round of the NFL draft. Giving Marcus Mariota a big target on offense is a gamble they believe was worth taking.
The 6-foot-5 wideout was dismissed from Missouri after several run-ins with the police during his two years at the school. He enrolled at Oklahoma in 2014 only to have a waiver to play immediately dismissed by the NCAA — the 6-foot-5, 237-pound receiver never played for the Sooners because of transfer rules.
A team that played seven offensive tackles last season also selected offensive tackle Jeremiah Poutasi of Utah at No,Cheap NFL Jerseys. 66 in the third to help protect Mariota.
Green-Beckham said he knows his off-field issues dropped him out of the first round. He insisted he has become a better person by surrounding himself with people who will protect him.
He was dismissed by Missouri coach Gary Pinkel in April 2014 after a reported burglary where a woman alleged that Green-Beckham of forcing his way into her apartment and pushing her down a few stairs,Wholesale Jerseys China. He was neither arrested nor charged.
Webster said he sees a hunger in the receiver to play the game after sitting out an entire season.
"It's a difficult decision to make, and it's one that weighs on me every time I make it," general manager Ruston Webster said Friday night. "But just trying to do the best thing for the team and the organization in general trying to win."
"I have a vision that we're going to have a great career," Green-Beckham said. "Me and Marcus Mariota are going to connect well. I mean he's going to have a big receiver like me, and he's not going to have to worry. I know I'm going to be able to help him out of a lot of things."
But it was the Green-Beckham that created the buzz,Cheap Jerseys Online.
The Titans started Friday night with the first pick in the second round. They traded down seven spots to No. 40 to take Green-Beckham as the second receiver drafted in the round while picking up the No. 108 pick in the fourth round and No. 245 in the seventh in the deal,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys.
But they have a new quarterback in Mariota, the Heisman Trophy winner from Oregon, trying to juice up an offense that was one of the worst in the NFL last season. Tennessee ranked 29th in the league averaging 303.7 yards per game.
The Titans believe they've done their homework, talking with his coaches at Missouri and Oklahoma. Coach Ken Whisenhunt said receivers coaches Shawn Jefferson and Jason Tucker have strong personalities and will be good for Green-Beckham.
The Titans already have Kendall Wright, a first-round draft pick in 2012,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, and a 6-4 receiver in Justin Hunter, a second-round pick in 2013. They also signed Harry Douglas and Hakeem Nicks in free agency.
Green-Beckham's issues at Missouri include being charged in October 2012 with marijuana possession while later pleading guilty to trespassing. He was arrested in his hometown of Springfield in January 2014 when police found a pound of marijuana in the car,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, though no charges were filed against him in that case.
"Not having football has had an effect on him," Webster said. "He went to Oklahoma and handled himself well and stayed out of trouble, and he wasn't playing. He was just practicing. He was basically a scout team player. ... That was my impression that he understands that the probably made some mistakes and he wanted to continue to play football he had to do the right thing."
"I was a young guy in college having fun," Green-Beckham said. "I put that all in my past."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 00:37 , Processed in 0.064249 second(s), 26 queries .