2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-15 21:17:15 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Carr finished last in the league in yards per completion and yards per attempt as he too often threw short and was hampered by receivers unable to generate big gains after the catch.
But he also only averaged 9.4 yards per completion — the 10th lowest mark over the past 80 seasons — and his 5.5 yards per attempt were the second lowest in Raiders history,Wholesale Football Jerseys.
"He's a pro. He's a leader," safety Charles Woodson said. "I think the guys on the team recognize him as a leader. You go out here to practice, he'll come over to the sideline sometimes and ask me questions about what I see,Wholesale China Jerseys, so he's hungry.
"There is going to be ups and downs," Carr said. "We've had a few missed opportunities. Everyone will want to talk about the deep one of course because (Cooper) ran a great route.

Carr was the 18th quarterback to start for Oakland since the beginning of 2003,China Jerseys, but became the first to go all 16 games since Gannon did it in 2002 — when the Raiders made the Super Bowl.
But with a year of experience and a receiving group that has been significantly upgraded by the additions of rookie Amari Cooper and veteran Michael Crabtree, Carr is looking to improve on his rookie numbers and solidify his role of the franchise quarterback who has been missing in Oakland since Rich Gannon left more than a decade ago.
"He's thirsty for that knowledge and he can make all the throws. You put all those things together and combine that with the fact that he played in every game last year, I mean,Cheap Jerseys Online, we're looking for him to be dominant this year."
"He just needs to keep improving," offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave said. "I think every year, whether you're an 18-year guy or a second-year guy, you want to keep getting better in certain facets. Derek, again, is just starting out. He got a taste of it last year, he's got a good feel for the game."
NAPA, Calif. (AP) — For all the good that Derek Carr accomplished as a rookie starting 16 games at quarterback for the Oakland Raiders, there was one glaring negative: The inability to get the ball downfield.
The increased talent is only one difference this year for Carr, who took the offseason to digest all he learned as a rookie and figure out what he needed to do better in year two. Carr's progression has also been helped by the stability of his job.
"He saved his landmark, did all those good things. But then we also missed a couple. That takes us taking extra time after practice to get the timing down to make sure the little details are on point. As long as we keep doing that, it's going to be just fine."
Carr had good and bad moments for the Raiders (3-13). He became the seventh rookie quarterback to throw for at least 3,000 yards and 20 touchdown passes in a season and looked comfortable in the pocket.
He came into camp last summer as a second-round pick who was supposed to spend the year backing up Matt Schaub. But after outplaying Schaub in training camp and the preseason,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, Carr earned the starting job for the season opener and never gave it up.
There have been signs of that progress early in training camp as Carr has found Crabtree and Cooper often on deeper routes that were often missing from Oakland's repertoire last season, including what would have been a 70-yard touchdown to Cooper during team drills on Saturday.
That confidence in his role is evident each day in practice and in the huddle as Carr has become even more vocal with a year of experience under his belt.
"It's just a totally different situation," he said. "There's no, 'Hey, you're the guy of the future.' There's none of that. It's, 'You're the guy now.' It's kind of nice knowing that, because now I can really be myself,Cheap Jerseys, whereas when it was (Matt) Schaub's team, there are certain things. You can't step on his toes. You don't want to get in the way. You want to let him do his thing."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 18:20 , Processed in 0.070232 second(s), 28 queries .