2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-17 02:40:47 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Quarterback controversy for the New York Jets?
But then, Vick left the door opened a bit for the possibility.
Because of his ability to make plays with his legs, the notion of using Vick in a wildcat-like role is intriguing. Vick, however, isn't so high on the idea, simply because he believes it disrupts the timing of the quarterback and the offense.
While the Jets maintain the two are competing, it has been clear it's Smith's job to lose — and he did nothing to downgrade his spot on the depth chart. Smith was 4 of 6 for 33 yards — including a drive capped by a 51-yard field goal by Nick Folk — before giving way to Vick.
NEW YORK (AP) — Geno Smith: three points. Michael Vick: seven.
"When the time calls for it," he said,Cheap Jerseys, "then I think the coaches will see fit that that's put in."
"I thought Geno played extremely well," Ryan said. "He had a few throwaways. I thought he did a great job stepping up in the pocket a few times and protecting the ball."
The 34-year-old Vick came out to cheers and led a 14-play drive with the starters that tied it at 10 in the second quarter,Supply Cheap Jerseys. It came mostly against the Colts' defensive backups and was also helped by two 15-yard penalties on Indianapolis.
While he still believes he could start and star in the NFL, Vick has been saying all the right things — including that Smith is the unquestioned starter. Despite leading the touchdown drive,Wholesale China NFL Jerseys, Vick isn't anticipating any additional snaps with the first-team offense when practices resume Saturday.
Smith is taking 75 percent of the first-team snaps during camp. Ryan and the Jets need to know for sure what they've got in Smith — or if they need to go back to the drawing board next offseason.
Nope. Not even close. OK, well, not yet.
"We'll just let this thing play out," coach Rex Ryan said. "It's our first preseason game. Obviously,Cheap NFL Jerseys, we know we have two excellent quarterbacks."

Both Smith and Vick have had a solid but not spectacular training camp so far. The big thing for Smith is that he appears to have cut back on the debilitating mistakes he made through most of his rookie season. He stared down his receivers many times and also struggled with ball security while committing 25 turnovers.
"I think it has to be done at the right time," he said. "I experienced that in Philadelphia with Donovan (McNabb) at times. You want to go out there and let the quarterback get into a rhythm and not try to do too much. I think that's doing too much."
"He looked great, shoot," Ryan said with a big smile.
He also had an impressive Vick-like 10-yard scramble on a read-option.
Vick also got the MetLife Stadium crowd fired up when he took off to his left as the pocket collapsed, avoided a tackle attempt and zipped downfield for 15 yards for a first down.
Smith led the Jets to a field goal in his two series with the starters in a 13-10 victory over the Indianapolis Colts on Thursday night. Vick created a bit of a buzz by leading a touchdown drive with the first-team offense, and showing he can still make plays with his legs.
Vick, who ran with the backups in his second drive, finished 3 of 6 for 17 yards and rushed three times for 19 yards.
"To have a 14-play drive, it only builds your confidence," Vick said.
"I did all right,Nike Shox Gravity Black," he said. "Could've been better."
Vick was signed in March to give the Jets a veteran backup who could push Smith and step in if he falters or is injured. Vick is familiar with offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg's system from their days together in Philadelphia, so he made for the perfect choice.
"I was going through my reads pretty smoothly,Cheap Jerseys From China," Smith said of his two drives. "A couple of those plays, they got some guys that were free on me and I had to get the ball away. But other than that, the game felt good."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 02:01 , Processed in 0.068016 second(s), 26 queries .