2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-17 18:15:13 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Solder was the 11th player drafted in 2011 and started all but three games as a rookie.
"The sooner you detect it, the sooner you get to a doctor, the less of a problem it can be," Solder said. "The fact that I had the physical here, the fact that I had a lot of people looking after my health is something that probably a lot of men don't have at my age. So I think that made a difference."
He guards his privacy and usually speaks in the team-first approach that coach Bill Belichick emphasizes. He went public with his cancer diagnosis two weeks ago, although some teammates already knew about it.
He underwent surgery and participated in organized team activities in June.
"You can spend more time with the ones you love, focus more on people that matter the most. I think that was the message I came away with," he said. "It changes your perspective a little bit."
"That," Solder said, "was really neat."
He had just turned 26. At 6-foot-8 and 320 pounds, he was in excellent condition. Tom Brady depended on his left tackle to protect him.
Solder played all 16 games plus three in the postseason. He caught a 16-yard touchdown pass in the Patriots 45-7 win in the AFC title game against the Indianapolis Colts. He helped the Patriots win the Super Bowl.
"You have to," he said. "There are too many unknowns."
The cancer diagnosis and his recovery deepened Solder's religious beliefs and gave him greater appreciation for friends and family.
And he went to the White House last month when President Obama held the traditional ceremony honoring that championship.
He focuses on the present.
In last week's draft, the Patriots chose two offensive linemen in the fourth round, Tre' Jackson from Florida State and Shaquille Mason from Georgia Tech.
"Through the course of the season,Cheap Jerseys, there's a lot of things that you just kind of are trying to balance out," he said. "So we just said,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, 'let's take our time with it, but let's do it as soon as we can to help as many people as we can.'"
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — Nate Solder was blindsided by the news. Cancer.
"The more good players they can bring in, the better," Solder said. "We're always competing for a job. We're always trying to get better."
"Feeling great," he said.
Marcus Cannon, a 2011 draft choice who had non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and was activated in November of that season, is the likely replacement for Connolly.
Now the Patriots have a chance to win consecutive titles like they did in the 2003 and 2004 seasons,Wholesale China Jerseys. But he doesn't dwell on last season's championship.
"It was a natural thought," Solder said Tuesday. "The doctors quickly assured me that with this treatment that they were doing, I would be just fine."
Now he wants to spread awareness of the need for early detection.
"With the great care of the doctors and everybody that took care of me it was a couple of weeks," he said. "I was cured."
He said he didn't need chemotherapy or radiation. He gets periodic checkups. And he's taking part in this year's voluntary team activities.
But after a team physical at the New England Patriots voluntary team activities last spring, Solder was diagnosed with testicular cancer.
The impact didn't sink in at first. For a while,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, he thought he might not be able to play a full season.

"I genuinely don't think I'm a person that lives in the past," Solder said.
The Patriots are in the second phase of those activities,Cheap Authentic NFL Jerseys, which allows more on-field work with coaches. The offensive line is an area of concern with last year's starting left guard, Dan Connolly, unsigned.
He and his wife married about three weeks after the diagnosis,Cheap NBA Jerseys Authentic. Now she's expecting their child.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 03:43 , Processed in 0.056730 second(s), 28 queries .