帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-18 07:42:09 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Harvin and Decker, who had nine receptions against the Chiefs, became the first pair of Jets wide receivers, according to the team's website, to combine for 20 catches in game since Eddie Bell (12) and Don Maynard (nine) in 1970.
"It was tough, but at the same time, I had all the coaching staff, (Michael) Vick and the rest of the receivers — all those guys were helping me out," Harvin said Friday. "It took a lot of time in between practices, after practices, but that's my job, so I had to get it done."
Harvin thinks there might even be a few added opportunities Sunday with the Steelers ruling out star safety Troy Polamalu with a sprained right knee.
"Obviously,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, getting Percy Harvin in is a huge impact," coach Rex Ryan said. "And Decker, him, (Jeremy) Kerley and you've got the tight ends, I feel like now,Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys, I really feel good about where we are from a talent standpoint. And trying to mix it in, I thought Marty did a great job kind of getting a feel for Percy and all that and obviously (Harvin) was featured quite a bit this past week."
"I felt really comfortable with the playbook,Adidas Hockey Jerseys Cheap," said Harvin,Cheap Authentic NFL Jerseys, who's fine after cutting his heel in practice Wednesday. "Just having been here two weeks,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys, I wasn't thinking a whole lot, so I was just out there cutting it loose. I do like to play that way, just going out there and cutting it loose and not worrying about assignments or where I'm lining up.
The Jets rank 32nd — or, dead last — in the NFL in passing offense, but Harvin's arrival might help boost that spot.
"It all came to me pretty good."
Oh, and plenty of late nights with the playbook sprawled in front of him, cramming while trying to absorb Marty Mornhinweg's offense.
"He's a talented, hard-working, competitive guy," Mornhinweg said. "That was a good thing for the New York Jets organization to acquire Percy."
"Yeah, you've seen it the last couple of games," Mornhinweg said. "He's versatile. He's a heck of a football player and so he can play just about anywhere and have an influence on the game."

Despite an eight-game losing streak that is one away from setting a dubious franchise record, one bright spot for the Jets has been an improvement in personnel on offense — now highlighted by the addition of Harvin.
"I think since I've been here,NFL Jerseys Supply, from the first week to the second week, there's been growth," Harvin said. "Even the plays we haven't been hitting, we can see them on film and what we should have done and we could've easily had a lot more big plays. We see that there. We just have to build on it, but I definitely think it's coming together."
Because of his athletic ability, Harvin gives Mornhinweg the ability to be more flexible — and creative — with the offense.
When Harvin steps on the field, defenses have to guess: Is he lining up wide? Inside? Running the ball out of the backfield? Catching a short pass out of the backfield? Is he about to fly down the field for a deep pass?
Against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday at MetLife Stadium, Harvin will try to become the first Jets player with consecutive 100-yard receiving games since Laveranues Coles in 2006. He's also looking to be the first Jets player with consecutive 10-catch games since Keyshawn Johnson in 1999, and the first with three 150-yard all-purpose games in a row since Freeman McNeil in 1985.
He was targeted 13 times and caught 11 passes for 129 yards, had an 8-yard run and also returned two kickoffs for 88 yards — and nearly had a touchdown on one if not for being tripped by Chiefs kicker Cairo Santos.
Acquired by the New York Jets from the Seattle Seahawks on Oct. 18, the playmaking wide receiver's days have been filled with getting acquainted with a new town and teammates, working on the field before and after practices and attending daily meetings with the coaches, quarterbacks and other receivers.
It certainly appears Harvin is a quick learner, already making an impact on the Jets' offense. After catching three passes for 22 yards, rushing for 28 yards on four carries and returning six kickoffs for 144 yards against Buffalo in his debut, Harvin had a terrific performance last Sunday at Kansas City.
"That definitely helps us," he said. "Polamalu definitely adds a little trickiness to their defense. .... So, not having him back there, we'll be able to pick our reads out a little quicker."
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — The past three weeks have been quite a whirlwind for Percy Harvin.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 17:04 , Processed in 0.071917 second(s), 26 queries .