2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-18 09:30:43 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) — Jay Cutler could only smile and roll with the injuries.
"Everyone's working," Cutler said. "We're still kind of in training camp mode. We'll start fine-tuning things as we go."
NOTES: Linebacker Pernell McPhee returned to practice after missing Tuesday due to a chest injury. ... Safety Ryan Mundy has missed all the practices this week due to a hip injury. Rookie Adrian Amos continues to work with the first team at safety in Mundy's place.
The receiver corps is not alone in being hit with injuries and uncertainty. Cutler's offensive line is seeing some challenges with the benching of right tackle Jordan Mills in favor of Charles Leno Jr.,Wholesale Jerseys, and a back injury plaguing starting left tackle Jermon Bushrod.
Coach John Fox wouldn't speculate on the length of time Royal, Jeffery or Wilson would miss, but acknowledged using reserves slows down an offense trying to operate under a new system.
"I've got a good rapport with Marty, no matter what he says," Cutler said. "I think he was trying to say there's different leaders in every company, and the Bears, we're not excluded from that group. Coach Fox is going to lead differently than I am, and Adam Gase is going to lead differently than I am, and Marty's going to lead a different way from the way that I do."
"Obviously guys appear on depth charts for a reason," Fox said. "As I've mentioned before, we (in Denver) went to a Super Bowl and lost six defensive starters throughout that year, and three of them were Pro Bowlers.  So, yeah, I would rather have them (top receivers) in the game but nobody comes to rescue you, that's not a reality, it can't happen."
Cutler found himself throwing at practice Wednesday to Josh Bellamy, Cameron Meredith, Marc Mariani and Rashad Lawrence.
Cutler just shrugged off the comments.
"Why does everyone always assume the quarterback is the leader?" Bennett asked in the interview. "Leading the offense and leading the team are two different things. Sometimes I like Cutty, and sometimes I don't. When I think of a leader, I think, 'If he started a company,Cheap Jerseys, would guys come to work for him?' There's a lot of guys on our team who, if they started a business, it'd be, '(deleted) you, I'm gonna go work at McDonald's.'"
The Chicago Bears quarterback on Wednesday found himself throwing to third-team receivers after yet another injury to one of his targets. This time, it was veteran Eddie Royal who sat out practice, nursing a hip injury. Royal became the fourth Bears wide receiver to go down with an injury in preseason.
The onus is on Cutler to make viable threats out of the backups.
Asked if he would work at a company Cutler started, Bennett said, "There are veterans that people follow ... and then you've got guys that lead the offense, get everyone lined up, get to your spot, do what you need to do, let's do our plays."
"Kevin White is not going to come back any time soon and we'll see about some of these other guys," Cutler said. "There's others teams out there that are dealing with the same situation we're dealing with. We've just got to work with the guys we have,Wholesale NBA Jerseys, and I know (offensive coordinator) Adam (Gase) and the rest of the guys are going to put together a good game plan each week."
Cutler was asked about comments made in Chicago magazine by Bears tight end Martellus Bennett.
Alshon Jeffery remains out and day to day with a calf strain. He hasn't played in preseason and likely will miss Saturday's third preseason game at Cincinnati,Cheap NFL Jerseys. Marquess Wilson suffered a pulled hamstring in Saturday's preseason win over the Indianapolis Colts and is day to day. Rookie Kevin White will be unavailable well into the regular season after preseason shin surgery.
"Yeah, I've never been a part of anything like that — all four going down like that," Cutler said.
Leno continues taking most of the first-team snaps,Wholesale Adidas Hockey Jerseys, although Mills is getting a few.
Cutler said Bennett worked closely with him in Nashville in the offseason and the two have a good relationship.
"Marty, he's going to be an opinionated guy; it's just kind of who he is," Cutler said. "That's not going to change anytime soon. Some of us agree with some of the stuff Marty says. Some of us don't agree with some of the stuff Marty says. But Marty's going to say it either way."
"It just makes me have to work a little bit harder," Cutler said. "It makes me have to communicate with them and make sure they know exactly what they're supposed to do, so I've got to be on it on my end, as well. It's a challenge for us. Like I said,Cheap Jerseys, it's a really good group of guys, so I enjoy working with them."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 22:12 , Processed in 0.053447 second(s), 28 queries .